Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm heading tonight to watch Horsham v Bognor in the FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round.

As each side plays in the Isthmian Premier Division (Non-League level 3) it means both sets of supporters can attend.
However if either side was drawn away against National South side Eastbourne Borough (level 2) then neither home or away supporters could attend.
But if Horsham or Bognor had been drawn home to Eastbourne Borough then the Isthmian teams supporters could attend but not the Eastbourne fans.

This is a mess and unfair on the level 2 sides like Eastbourne Borough.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/sep/29/statement-emirates-fa-cup-spectators-290920

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I'm heading tonight to watch Horsham v Bognor in the FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round.

As each side plays in the Isthmian Premier Division (Non-League level 3) it means both sets of supporters can attend.
However if either side was drawn away against National South side Eastbourne Borough (level 2) then neither home or away supporters could attend.
But if Horsham or Bognor had been drawn home to Eastbourne Borough then the Isthmian teams supporters could attend but not the Eastbourne fans.

This is a mess and unfair on the level 2 sides like Eastbourne Borough.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/sep/29/statement-emirates-fa-cup-spectators-290920

Yep Horsham's next game in the FA Cup against Havant & Waterlooville is being played at Bognor behind closed doors due to this mess and I believe if they were to go all the way and draw a Premier League team at home then fans can attend but if they are away fans can't attend!

amazing to think of eastbourne as an "elite team: lol. surely it should be based on risk. if stadium capacity is say 4000 they could allow say max 500 home fans and 100 away which would still keep good distance between then fans. Equally it seems surely more likely that the higher up the non league ladder a team is the more likely they have the infrastructure to support managing crowds. I would think a tier three team like Horsham with only a 1300 capacity would find it difficult to maintain covid distance requirements if a crowd of 600 turned up.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Newhaven v Little Common tonight. Played at 100mph. Match finished 3-2 with a last gasp penalty winner ......bringing back memories of the game I saw last Saturday.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Good game at Lewes tonight. Keeper sent off, a comedy equaliser for the 10 men and in the end a 3-1 for the mackerel men. Well done Worthing and thanks to Lewes for organising a decent COVID-friendly event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Good game at Lewes tonight. Keeper sent off, a comedy equaliser for the 10 men and in the end a 3-1 for the mackerel men. Well done Worthing and thanks to Lewes for organising a decent COVID-friendly event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the keeper being sent off and us havingto use two onfield players in goal I was pretty happy with only losing 3-1 to you. Hope we're only one division below you next season

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Was planning on driving to Biggleswade to watch Leiston last night but my anxiety issues kicked in so stayed at home, what a match I missed! After taking an early lead we found ourselves 4-2 down before clawing back to level at 4-4 , only to concede a further 3 .. Final score Biggleswade 7 - 4 Leiston .
All this after beating them 5-1 at home in FAcup last week ! I'll take the aggregate 9-8 win :lolol:

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
What I should add about the Worthing-Lewes game was I hope the pictures of 20-30 odd Worthing fans in huddle/hug for the second half don't get anywhere, if we want others to be allowed to have fans we need to look like we're sensible

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What I should add about the Worthing-Lewes game was I hope the pictures of 20-30 odd Worthing fans in huddle/hug for the second half don't get anywhere, if we want others to be allowed to have fans we need to look like we're sensible

We were stood with the Worthing fans in the second half, albeit in our own little red box painted on the terrace and comfortably appropriately distanced. Many of them were keeping a distance but yes there was a huddle towards the middle. Stewards had nothing to say, perhaps what it needs is representation from the club, a director maybe, to come and talk to them. On Saturday, away at Kingstonian (at Corinthian Casuals ground) the Worthing fans were more spread out as the terraces there are very narrow, so probably helped spreading them out and keeping better distancing.

Oh, and no meddling VAR cameras, or interfering fourth officials. And you know what, there were some dubious decisions for offside, dodgy free kicks given, etc, and guess what? We all had a rant and a shout about it, then we all got over it and carried on supporting the teams. Until VAR is binned, or massively, and I mean massively altered and improved, I very much doubt I'll set foot in a Premier League stadium again.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
We were stood with the Worthing fans in the second half, albeit in our own little red box painted on the terrace and comfortably appropriately distanced. Many of them were keeping a distance but yes there was a huddle towards the middle. Stewards had nothing to say, perhaps what it needs is representation from the club, a director maybe, to come and talk to them. On Saturday, away at Kingstonian (at Corinthian Casuals ground) the Worthing fans were more spread out as the terraces there are very narrow, so probably helped spreading them out and keeping better distancing.

Oh, and no meddling VAR cameras, or interfering fourth officials. And you know what, there were some dubious decisions for offside, dodgy free kicks given, etc, and guess what? We all had a rant and a shout about it, then we all got over it and carried on supporting the teams. Until VAR is binned, or massively, and I mean massively altered and improved, I very much doubt I'll set foot in a Premier League stadium again.

Yes, last season pretty much sealed the deal with regards how more enjoyable football would VAR is. I take the point about stewards but sadly at that level there aren't a lot a mostly volunteers. Fans just need to have a think at the moment though, and u could equally say some of the more mature and sensible Worthing fans should have had a word(that's not a dig at you at all,)

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Off to Leighton Buzzard tomorrow to take on Leighton Town in Fa Cup, we're 2 steps higher than them so should win but after last week's maulings I'm not overly confidant. Sell out 300 crowd with Leiston taking 45, our full allocation.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Well the cup run continues, a hard fought 2-1 win at Leighton Town so us into the hat for 3Rd Qualifying round on Monday. A full house In front of a vociferous crowd was always going to be a tricky tie but we fought well after going 2-0 up in 14mins, they pegged one back before the break but although they had majority of 2nd half possession they rarely threatened. We hit the post midway through the half but created little else. Happy to get through and hoping frame home tie as next round is scheduled for Tues week. Think Eastbourne got through also, any other Sussex sides still in..

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Well the cup run continues, a hard fought 2-1 win at Leighton Town so us into the hat for 3Rd Qualifying round on Monday. A full house In front of a vociferous crowd was always going to be a tricky tie but we fought well after going 2-0 up in 14mins, they pegged one back before the break but although they had majority of 2nd half possession they rarely threatened. We hit the post midway through the half but created little else. Happy to get through and hoping frame home tie as next round is scheduled for Tues week. Think Eastbourne got through also, any other Sussex sides still in..

Have just spent an enjoyable weekend in your neck of the woods. Was hoping that your team would be playing at home. Instead we were “forced” to watch the Brighton match in the Engineer in Leiston.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Have just spent an enjoyable weekend in your neck of the woods. Was hoping that your team would be playing at home. Instead we were “forced” to watch the Brighton match in the Engineer in Leiston.

That's a shame we weren't at home ,at least you found somewhere which showed the Albion game. It's the only pub in Leiston I haven't been in, where you staying in Leiston or somewhere else ? Some lovely places close by me along the coast ,glad you had a good weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here