Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
How did Bognor's no. 9 look? He is Nathan Odokonyero, spent a couple of seasons in Albion's academy before being released. He has just spent two years doing his scholarship at Lincoln.

If only you could enter Mastermind, with your speciist subject - The Albion :)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
How did Bognor's no. 9 look? He is Nathan Odokonyero, spent a couple of seasons in Albion's academy before being released. He has just spent two years doing his scholarship at Lincoln.

He was very good. Worthing blew it today, the XG would have been through the roof. Bognor were good on the counter and the front three had loads of pace. Worthing could still be there now and they wouldn’t have scored. Very entertaining game and whilst disappointed with the result Bognor earned their win. Cracking afternoon of football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Hastings United 2 v Whitehawk 0 , att 1240 and one dog

Attachments

• h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    939 KB · Views: 108
  • h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 105
  • h10.jpg
    h10.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 98

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Did a double header today, Eastbourne Town 1-3 Bexhill United at 11am and then Lewes 0-0 Horsham, I don’t think there’s a nicer ground in the country than the dripping pan. Saw Brighton LEGEND Shamir Fenelon up top for Horsham and probably the best goal I’ve ever seen in county league football at Eastbourne.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Did Dean Cox play

Yes he did.

Unfortunately despite a couple of decent early crosses into the Bognor box he didn't offer very much going forward on the right.

Looks way short of match fitness and probably a bit overweight.

Strange decision to bring him back into the starting XI today especially with the much more mobile Myles - Meekums on the bench.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Back from Seaford Town FC - 0 Roffey 1

And a spectacular afternoon of poor quality but entertaining football. Seaford unlucky to come away with diddly, but it was an afternoon of drama at The Crouch.

During a COMPETITIVE but LOW QUALITY first half, the referee was forced to retire hurt, so one of the linesman STEPPED UP and donned the iconic whistle. He provided a fantastically, beautifully inept performance in the middle, which sent the punters from both sides home happy.

Following several injuries, a prolonged DELAY while a member of the admirable Seaford SET-UP was being prepared as a replacement, the first half finished after 15 minutes added time.

Seaford's #2, playing at right back, came closest after hitting the far post on the half volley after a SUPERB one-two in the inside-right channel.

The second half really saw the heat turn up in front of a small but vociferous support. After an OFF-THE-BALL incident which left the Roffle TALISMAN in a heap, the referee consulted with his linesman and showed not one, but TWO red cards, one for both Seaford and their illustrious visitors.

After some further consultation following a large melee in the centre-circle, a THIRD was inexplicably shown. However, Seaford fans were relieved to see that this was in fact a CORRECTION, with the referee rescinding the red card he has previously shown to their #12. The jubilation at being vindicated in this miscarriage of justice on the lad's face was a stark contrast to the abject horror and confusion he had demonstrated just minutes earlier.

With both sides SCRAPPING without a full compliment of players, chances came thick and fast. However, Roffle were the ones to hold their nerve on the highest stage, when they capitalised on some unusually slack defending from the hosts.

Seaford's stoic defenders will have been very disappointed by the manner of the goal scored against them, which left their handsome blonde young goalkeeper positively aghast.

The drama was not over, as the auxiliary referee was further involved. The bearded Seaford #10 was seemingly tripped when through on goal inside the penalty box. Whilst the referee was unimpressed, the pudgy forward - "Bill" - was equally frustrated. Some poorly chosen words of dissent earnt him a booking following the dramatic incident.

Tempers flared once more at the final whistle, with another full-scale pitched battle, as both sets of players and club staff became embroiled in something of a furore.

These unsavoury scenes continued outside of the tastefully decorated Club House, where a girl aged 14 was briefly possessed by Puzulu, making shrieks unheard of since Linda Blair's tragic occupation by said demon in the smash hit movie, The Exorcist.

It would seem someone had "touched" her Father, who was a scrotish looking man in his early 50's, with a bald head and wearing a baseball cap (backwards).

Further drama, quite incredibly, ensued as said hooligan and a member of the Seaford staff became embroiled in a bitter war of words on the sublime decking outside the Club House, leading to an elderly chap beside me needing to become involved in the fracas.

His wise words, "calm down mate", still echo in my ears as I type this.

All in all, a superb afternoon of live sport, with added social entertainment. £5 and £4 for a Heineken (flat, in a plastic cup) but truly a sensational experience.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Back from Seaford Town FC - 0 Roffey 1

And a spectacular afternoon of poor quality but entertaining football. Seaford unlucky to come away with diddly, but it was an afternoon of drama at The Crouch.

During a COMPETITIVE but LOW QUALITY first half, the referee was forced to retire hurt, so one of the linesman STEPPED UP and donned the iconic whistle. He provided a fantastically, beautifully inept performance in the middle, which sent the punters from both sides home happy.

Following several injuries, a prolonged DELAY while a member of the admirable Seaford SET-UP was being prepared as a replacement, the first half finished after 15 minutes added time.

Seaford's #2, playing at right back, came closest after hitting the far post on the half volley after a SUPERB one-two in the inside-right channel.

The second half really saw the heat turn up in front of a small but vociferous support. After an OFF-THE-BALL incident which left the Roffle TALISMAN in a heap, the referee consulted with his linesman and showed not one, but TWO red cards, one for both Seaford and their illustrious visitors.

After some further consultation following a large melee in the centre-circle, a THIRD was inexplicably shown. However, Seaford fans were relieved to see that this was in fact a CORRECTION, with the referee rescinding the red card he has previously shown to their #12. The jubilation at being vindicated in this miscarriage of justice on the lad's face was a stark contrast to the abject horror and confusion he had demonstrated just minutes earlier.

With both sides SCRAPPING without a full compliment of players, chances came thick and fast. However, Roffle were the ones to hold their nerve on the highest stage, when they capitalised on some unusually slack defending from the hosts.

Seaford's stoic defenders will have been very disappointed by the manner of the goal scored against them, which left their handsome blonde young goalkeeper positively aghast.

The drama was not over, as the auxiliary referee was further involved. The bearded Seaford #10 was seemingly tripped when through on goal inside the penalty box. Whilst the referee was unimpressed, the pudgy forward - "Bill" - was equally frustrated. Some poorly chosen words of dissent earnt him a booking following the dramatic incident.

Tempers flared once more at the final whistle, with another full-scale pitched battle, as both sets of players and club staff became embroiled in something of a furore.

These unsavoury scenes continued outside of the tastefully decorated Club House, where a girl aged 14 was briefly possessed by Puzulu, making shrieks unheard of since Linda Blair's tragic occupation by said demon in the smash hit movie, The Exorcist.

It would seem someone had "touched" her Father, who was a scrotish looking man in his early 50's, with a bald head and wearing a baseball cap (backwards).

Further drama, quite incredibly, ensued as said hooligan and a member of the Seaford staff became embroiled in a bitter war of words on the sublime decking outside the Club House, leading to an elderly chap beside me needing to become involved in the fracas.

His wise words, "calm down mate", still echo in my ears as I type this.

All in all, a superb afternoon of live sport, with added social entertainment. £5 and £4 for a Heineken (flat, in a plastic cup) but truly a sensational experience.

Seaford riff-raff :whistle: :)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Forest Row 0 Shoreham 3. Shoreham now upto 3rd having won 5 out 5 away games. Forest row are ground sharing with Oakwood, pretty naff set up

Wonder what happened when Seaford belted them 0-5!

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I'm just back from my dose of FA Cup fever at Corby Town v Hendon (my non-league team) Result 1-0, Highlight: Mass brawl in stoppage time with zillions of yellows and one red)
£6 to sit in "Grandstand" (Old codger rate)
£1 Tea
£5 Ointment to relieve my crick in the neck from looking skywards all afternoon.
Had a nice bike ride through some lovely Cotswold-style villages before the game (Jurassic building stones)
Some of those defenders will be prime Alzheimers candidates in years to come unfortunately - endlessly heading away balls falling from the heavens. Playing out from the back is still unheard of at this level.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Somebody please tell me

Leatherhead and Walton & Hersham got knocked out today :lolol:

Both Leatherhead and Walton & Hersham drew 2.2 in their respective ties today.

Was at Woodside to see the 1.1 draw with Corinthian Casuals. Again Worthing wasteful in front of goal, particularly in the first half. Second 45 minutes was uninspiring, lots of possession but not a lot of chances created.
Only a fine block from Harrison Male in the last minute prevented Casuals nicking the win.
Off to Tolworth on Tuesday to try again.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Been watching the odd Walthamstow FC game in the Essex League and FA cup. This season they've won all 6 league and 3 FA cup games. Lovely atmosphere in front of 2-3 hundred. And you can nip out and catch Clapton on the next pitch in front of of a thousand in the same league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here