Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well it all starts for real down at Gorings Mead today, Horsham YMCA v. Eastbourne Town in the Southern Combination League, 3pm kick off. A warm welcome guaranteed for all who venture down.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Hassocks vs Broadbridge Heath today! Although the weather is maybe making me doubt it at the moment.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Heading back to the Theatre of Trees for the first time in ten years today, to watch Littlehampton's first game back the County League Premier Division at AFC Varndeanians. Was quietly confident about The Marigold's chances this term, on the back of two dominant seasons in Division One, but then the manager resigned out of the blue a fortnight ago and they've got two players running the side, which sounds a bit 'Sunday League' to me.....

Finished 6-4 to Littlehampton. Four goals for last season's top scorer (and my boy's PE teacher) Joe Benn. Hilariously bad defending all round, but great entertainment.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Yep, just called off.

Bonkers games being called off in July!

Wasn't the only one though.......Deal Chatham was abandoned at half time.

[tweet]1421576506204213254[/tweet]

Not strictly non league but made me chuckle over the weekend.......the ref got injured in the Albion Rovers Edinburgh game and they clearly don't have a fourth official....they carried on but with only one lino

[tweet]1421492979026604035[/tweet]

Reading the twitter commentary on the situation is quite amusing.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Planning on visiting Sporting Bengal United in East London this weekend, as I'm doing a pub crawl in London, should be an interesting ground / club. A exciting tie in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Steyning Town home to Loxwood tomorrow (Tuesday) evening. 7:45pm KO. Hopefully follow up the 1-3 win at Eastbourne United on Saturday.

Then the FA Cup on Saturday. Home to Pagham 3pm KO.

Up The Barrowmen.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Forest Row vs Epsom and Ewell for me tomorrow night in the Peter Bentley Cup

My mate described it as a quirky ground when we visited on Saturday for their SCFL debut!

Ground located via a pothole infested lane, met at the gate by a friendly chap who took our money before strategically parking the car behind the goal to avoid being hit by wayward shots, crosses, clearances!

One small seated stand of about 50 seats otherwise standing room only. For some reason there are a couple of containers filled with debris/rubbish at one end?!

The grass on the pitch was rather long but the game itself was a reasonable watch with Selsey winning 2.0.

Only 3 more grounds now to visit in SCFL Division 1, Hailsham, Roffey and Surrey based newcomers Godalming.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
My mate described it as a quirky ground when we visited on Saturday for their SCFL debut!

Ground located via a pothole infested lane, met at the gate by a friendly chap who took our money before strategically parking the car behind the goal to avoid being hit by wayward shots, crosses, clearances!

One small seated stand of about 50 seats otherwise standing room only. For some reason there are a couple of containers filled with debris/rubbish at one end?!

The grass on the pitch was rather long but the game itself was a reasonable watch with Selsey winning 2.0.

Only 3 more grounds now to visit in SCFL Division 1, Hailsham, Roffey and Surrey based newcomers Godalming.

Am I right in thinking they playing at Oakwood’s ground in Crawley?

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
I noticed southwick appear to have got themselves together and reformed as afc southwick, groundsharing at whitehawk for the next two years and only one step below county league now

What happened there? I thought they were all set to return to Old Barn Way and then there was a furore over the players being "asked" to pay to play for the team which resulted in them leaving. Was the club dissolved? I'm not local so haven't been keeping up to date.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What happened there? I thought they were all set to return to Old Barn Way and then there was a furore over the players being "asked" to pay to play for the team which resulted in them leaving. Was the club dissolved? I'm not local so haven't been keeping up to date.

The ground-sharing is separate thing from the manager and players leaving en masse. It's just the works to Old Barn Way will take ages so they're ground-sharing in the meantime. The board wanted the players to pay their own FA registration fees for some peculiar reason as they said it showed commitment. The manager said it was a bad idea and he quit along with a load of the players and even some of the board members.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I noticed southwick appear to have got themselves together and reformed as afc southwick, groundsharing at whitehawk for the next two years and only one step below county league now

The ground-sharing is separate thing from the manager and players leaving en masse. It's just the works to Old Barn Way will take ages so they're ground-sharing in the meantime. The board wanted the players to pay their own FA registration fees for some peculiar reason as they said it showed commitment. The manager said it was a bad idea and he quit along with a load of the players and even some of the board members.

So does this mean that there are now two clubs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here