Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No. (well the leagues Lewes and Whitehawk are in haven't decided yet wether to resume or have a pause)

However these fixtures are on this Saturday:

View attachment 130985

Brighton Electricity play at Withdean if you're feeling nostalgic.

Nope not at all, I would go to Saltdean Tigers, but on their website it has them down as Linfield First away postponed, where did you get these fixtures from

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Shame there will be no beers, hopefully the rather scrummy burgers will still be available.

They will be. The original guidance was that food purchased inside the ground could only be consumed outside of the ground. And vice versa. This is because an enclosed ground all counted as the same premises. Anyway - common sense prevailed and burgers will be available to be consumed inside the ground - but no tables to sit at. And that's where we are.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Yep. Financially this is the killer for lots of clubs. It's more sustainable long term not to play unless the bar is open.

I saw it suggested on twitter, but is it an option for non league clubs to charge corkage (say £5 or so) and people can bring their own beer in? I wonder how it works for Eastbourne Town as you have to leave the ground and come back in again with your beer? Could be a way around it.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
No. (well the leagues Lewes and Whitehawk are in haven't decided yet wether to resume or have a pause)

However these fixtures are on this Saturday:

View attachment 130985

Brighton Electricity play at Withdean if you're feeling nostalgic.

For Lewes the issue is half the lack of booze being an issue but also half of our opposition are in Tier3 in Kent and we can't travel in or out of Tier3 to play non elite Football

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
For Lewes the issue is half the lack of booze being an issue but also half of our opposition are in Tier3 in Kent and we can't travel in or out of Tier3 to play non elite Football

Under Tier 2 regulations clubhouses could only serve alcohol with table service and only with food. Alcohol is permitted to be sold to be consumed if spectator is sat down in the stands but the poor stewards will have a nightmare enforcing that. Which is why it's likely the clubs will pause as the Tier 2 regulations are too much for them to comply with and actually make any money.

The Lewes players could travel to Tier 3 as that level would be considered travelling for "work" but the fans couldn't go to watch.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Under Tier 2 regulations clubhouses could only serve alcohol with table service and only with food. Alcohol is permitted to be sold to be consumed if spectator is sat down in the stands but the poor stewards will have a nightmare enforcing that. Which is why it's likely the clubs will pause as the Tier 2 regulations are too much for them to comply with and actually make any money.

The Lewes players could travel to Tier 3 as that level would be considered travelling for "work" but the fans couldn't go to watch.

Seems incredibly unfair, as teams in the division above are able to do so as their stadium is included in 'sports stadiums'. You can drink while watching a performance in Tier 2 in sports stadiums, but seemingly not all sports stadiums. It feels like they've just done blanket rules without putting much thought in (I know from this government imagine my shock).

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Sorry yes, I meant in practicality they can't really serve booze with the current regs, and yes you're right about the Tier3 thing I was reading grassroots rules

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sorry yes, I meant in practicality they can't really serve booze with the current regs, and yes you're right about the Tier3 thing I was reading grassroots rules

:thumbsup: Yep was just expanding upon your post. Also seems the regulations keep changing all the time!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Seems incredibly unfair, as teams in the division above are able to do so as their stadium is included in 'sports stadiums'. You can drink while watching a performance in Tier 2 in sports stadiums, but seemingly not all sports stadiums. It feels like they've just done blanket rules without putting much thought in (I know from this government imagine my shock).

:) Isn't the next league up classified as "elite"? The whole thing is a mess and trying to keep track of who can do what its confusing!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Worthing United have got the go-ahead from the council to sell alcohol as long as it is pitch side, so think I'm gonna head off down there on Saturday for the FA Vase game against Edgware Town. The game is being replayed because of an illegible player for Edgware so should be an interesting tie.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Worthing United have got the go-ahead from the council to sell alcohol as long as it is pitch side, so think I'm gonna head off down there on Saturday for the FA Vase game against Edgware Town. The game is being replayed because of an illegible player for Edgware so should be an interesting tie.

That is great news and fair play to the local authority for allowing it. Hopefully more will follow suit.

Guessing Edgware won the original game hence its being replayed.......what was the score?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
That is great news and fair play to the local authority for allowing it. Hopefully more will follow suit.

Guessing Edgware won the original game hence its being replayed.......what was the score?

Ended 3-0 to Edgware, watched the highlights on youtube last night and there seemed to be a slight gulf in class. Edgware are from the equivalent of the sussex county premier in another region which is the equivalent division above Worthing United. They are based around London which seems to mean you can attract better players due to travel distance after talking to a Beckenham Town fan at Mile Oak earlier in the season. Could possibly be a few ex football league players for them and maybe some academy cast offs of Premier League Clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here