Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
The three or four Worthing "Supporters" mentioned here and by a few people in this thread do not in any way represent the proper Worthing fanbase or the Away Boys group who sing/make noise behind the goal every game in any way, shape or form. Whilst I wasn't at the game last night, I say all this as someone who considers themselves part of the Away Boys group of fans and is in group chats with the core group of fans. That core group are livid at what happened last night. For what it's worth with regards to the teenage support we have, of those that have followed us regularly this season, I've seen no actual trouble from at all.

However those three or four individuals mentioned have become known to us after also causing trouble at a recent "home" game in Horsham after they were called out and confronted by regular Worthing supporters for some homophobic chanting. Unfortunately with any fanbase that has grown quite a bit in recent years, you occasionally get the odd few d***heads that tag along and cause problems without caring about the consequences they cause and it painting the rest of the support in a bad light. There's only so much as fans we can but to pass on information for the relevant authorities to deal with it and calling the d***heads out for it when they cause problems.

Rest assured, they don't represent proper Worthing fans, and I believe the club are looking into it to prevent them coming to our games again.

Interesting
What is these knobs problem to behave like this? Are they usually at the AMEX and used to bigger crowd, larger away following etc?

What can the club actually do about it - ban them? But I am guessing that’s harder to enforce at an away end at non league level...

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The three or four Worthing "Supporters" mentioned here and by a few people in this thread do not in any way represent the proper Worthing fanbase or the Away Boys group who sing/make noise behind the goal every game in any way, shape or form. Whilst I wasn't at the game last night, I say all this as someone who considers themselves part of the Away Boys group of fans and is in group chats with the core group of fans. That core group are livid at what happened last night. For what it's worth with regards to the teenage support we have, of those that have followed us regularly this season, I've seen no actual trouble from at all.

However those three or four individuals mentioned have become known to us after also causing trouble at a recent "home" game in Horsham after they were called out and confronted by regular Worthing supporters for some homophobic chanting. Unfortunately with any fanbase that has grown quite a bit in recent years, you occasionally get the odd few d***heads that tag along and cause problems without caring about the consequences they cause and it painting the rest of the support in a bad light. There's only so much as fans we can but to pass on information for the relevant authorities to deal with it and calling the d***heads out for it when they cause problems.

Rest assured, they don't represent proper Worthing fans, and I believe the club are looking into it to prevent them coming to our games again.

That is good to know, spoke to a few of the lads who were about 15/16 after the game mainly to check if they were alright, and they were good lads and were maybe a little bit weirded out by the whole thing. The bloke was pranging about like nobodies business so I expect he did a truck load of gear. I do need to tick off both Camping World Community Stadium and Worthing's actual home ground, so it won't put me off Worthing forever I expect. Thing is at a Brighton game they would fade into the background with the other knuckle draggers, they just stand out like a sore thumb in an attendance of 209.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Bognor, Worthing and Horsham (all in Covid Tier 2) play in the Isthmian Premier League. Also in their division are Margate and Folkestone Invicta who because they are in Kent have been placed in Covid Tier 3.

The further north you go, the bigger the fixture headaches become with many sides in Covid Tier 3.

I would imagine the leagues will decide to delay the restart until after Christmas. They may well even need to reduce the total number of games played this season.

[TWEET]1332786754915602435[/TWEET]

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Cheers. The FA Vase restarts next Saturday. Steyning at home to Walton & Hersham. 3pm ko. Social distance measures in place. Dugout burger bar open, but not the bar. I know. It makes little sense, but that’s where we are. First training session for a month on Thursday then the match on Thursday. Klopp can bloomin’ moan.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We have just bought tickets for Southport V Alfreton this coming Saturday in the National League North. Looking forward to our first live game since Palace in March. There is the added bonus of standing on a terrace. We will avoid the catering, wear masks and try to avoid standing near anyone !

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Bognor, Worthing and Horsham (all in Covid Tier 2) play in the Isthmian Premier League. Also in their division are Margate and Folkestone Invicta who because they are in Kent have been placed in Covid Tier 3.

The further north you go, the bigger the fixture headaches become with many sides in Covid Tier 3.

I would imagine the leagues will decide to delay the restart until after Christmas. They may well even need to reduce the total number of games played this season.

[TWEET]1332786754915602435[/TWEET]

SCEFL (i.e. the Kent League in old money - steps 5 and 6) has postponed all fixtures until Boxing day at the earliest.

Ironically probably only half the teams in the league are in Tier 3 despite Kent being such a big county. HOWEVER I can't see how the league can restart until Kent comes out of tier 3 and I'm not sure how many clubs would want to with no fans allowed for those in tier 3.

Boxing day has some big money spinning games for clubs. Chatham Sheppy last year had an attendance of 1200.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
We have just bought tickets for Southport V Alfreton this coming Saturday in the National League North. Looking forward to our first live game since Palace in March. There is the added bonus of standing on a terrace. We will avoid the catering, wear masks and try to avoid standing near anyone !

Southport is a lovely ground, very jealous.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
SCEFL (i.e. the Kent League in old money - steps 5 and 6) has postponed all fixtures until Boxing day at the earliest.

Ironically probably only half the teams in the league are in Tier 3 despite Kent being such a big county. HOWEVER I can't see how the league can restart until Kent comes out of tier 3 and I'm not sure how many clubs would want to with no fans allowed for those in tier 3.

Boxing day has some big money spinning games for clubs. Chatham Sheppy last year had an attendance of 1200.

All being well, I'm planning to go to Littlehampton v Sheppey in the second round of the Vase on Saturday. In order to dissuade away fans from travelling from Tier 3 into Tier 2, it's all-ticket and advance (in person) purchase only - it's like the cup runs of 1990 all over again....

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
All being well, I'm planning to go to Littlehampton v Sheppey in the second round of the Vase on Saturday. In order to dissuade away fans from travelling from Tier 3 into Tier 2, it's all-ticket and advance (in person) purchase only - it's like the cup runs of 1990 all over again....

I saw Sheppey this season in the FA Cup at Steyning. They played really well that day (0-5) - and were subsequently knocked out by Eastbourne Boro. Some real pace. And an ex-professional Jack Midson at No.9. Could be a tough afternoon.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Best of British mate. Real shame as they are a well followed side and would have bought a fair few down. With the capacity capped at 300 them, Chatham and Tunbridge Wells have had to make all of their home games all ticket and they been selling out.

I'll be staying local and watching Jarvis Brook who are rightly thoroughly pissed off that they have 3 home games with no competition from Crowborough so are expecting a decent turn out but can't open their bar.

I saw Sheppey this season in the FA Cup at Steyning. They played really well that day (0-5) - and were subsequently knocked out by Eastbourne Boro. Some real pace. And an ex-professional Jack Midson at No.9. Could be a tough afternoon.

They are one of the teams with money in the division. The league table won't look very different to how it sits now come the end of the season.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Best of British mate. Real shame as they are a well followed side and would have bought a fair few down. With the capacity capped at 300 them, Chatham and Tunbridge Wells have had to make all of their home games all ticket and they been selling out.

I'll be staying local and watching Jarvis Brook who are rightly thoroughly pissed off that they have 3 home games with no competition from Crowborough so are expecting a decent turn out but can't open their bar.

They are one of the teams with money in the division. The league table won't look very different to how it sits now come the end of the season.

Not expecting anything out of the game, very tough opposition, but will be good to get back in the stands. Game is being live-streamed back to Sheppey to further encourage their fans not to travel. Clubhouse not allowed to open, but tea bar given permission to sell soft drinks and food.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Southern Combination Football League (steps 5-6) have voted to continue their season though. Here's the fixtures for Saturday:

http://www.scfl.org.uk/FixtureList.php?WkNo=49

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 23.01.10.png

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
SCFL voted tonight to restart this month. FA Vase matches this weekend. No alcohol for sale in the ground. Youth leagues also restarting this weekend.

Shame there will be no beers, hopefully the rather scrummy burgers will still be available.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Think the decisions made by the DCMS and The FA last night have messed up things in a huge way. The lack of alcohol being sold at grounds is going to be a real killer for many clubs in tier 2 with all the income it brings in. I don't understand how the rules on takeaways would not apply here, because nothing legally is stopping you getting a few cans of lager from Tesco and bringing it in (of course on the clubs discretion). Where as legally they could sell you a beer and you walk 1 metre outside the ground to consume it. When I go to a county league game with a few friends we would pay the £5 (ish) entrance and then probably put about a tenner into the club from 2-3 Pints, therefore tripling their income. The Isthmian doesn't look like it is going to be able to restart anytime soon with Kent in Tier 3. The Tier 3 rules for non-elite just means many leagues won't restart and clubs may just disappear with no fans, my local club at university Shelley FC have already resigned from their league after their first ever appearance in the FA Cup due to the pandemic. Droylsden in Manchester another casualty and it certainly won't be the last. Its a shame but it won't stop me attending with the prospect of getting a Brighton ticket for every game slim. It seems such a shame for the huge amount of clubs who put a massive amount of effort to make sure their Grounds and Clubhouses were COVID secure, mainly all done by volunteers, with all that work going to nothing.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So for a simple man like me who is lazy and has not got time to read what this means
Is there football for Lewes or Whitehawk with fans aloud in ?

No. (well the leagues Lewes and Whitehawk are in haven't decided yet wether to resume or have a pause)

However these fixtures are on this Saturday:

View attachment 130985

Brighton Electricity play at Withdean if you're feeling nostalgic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here