Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
3 games last week in the north east at Tow Law ,Crook and Willington .All cracking old school grounds . Today Farnham Town 4 Downton 2 in the vase . Already commited to a season off with Aldershot ,so groundhopping it will be.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
1st round qualifying tonight, who's going where ? I'm heading to Victory Rd as usual to watch Leiston take on Biggleswade , sure to be a tougher encounter than the previous round . Both in the same league and play each other again next Tues evening at their place in the league .

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well, I’ve cancelled the Wembley hotel for May. Sheppey United were a level above, and The Barrowmen went down to ten men. A lesson in finishing. Plus they looked to have money. That forward line will not be cheap. Sound familiar ?

So defeat on Sunday to an impressive Worthing put Steyning Women out of the Women’s FA Cup.

Two cups in three days. Ah well. Youth Cup Thursday evening v Leatherhead U18’s. Could be another tough evening.

Then Newhaven home on Saturday. Back to the League.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Leiston had a comfortable win against Biggleswade 5-1 with young Will Davies netting 4 ,the other a 25 yrd shot which left their keeper grasping at think air as it hit the back of the onion sack . I believe the draw for next round is tomorrow.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Went to Haywards Heath Town in the FA Cup last night. An energetic game against Hanwell who emerged victorious thanks to a cracking goal curled in from the edge of the box. Great effort from both teams who ran themselves into the ground. 155 in attendance, nice ground and like Hassocks reasonably priced Bedlam beer available at the bar too.

I'm enjoying getting to some new grounds in Sussex and acquainting myself with our local sides. That said I am really looking forward to next Tuesday's clash at the Dripping Pan when Worthing take on Lewes. Capacity limited to 450 but mobile/print at home tickets available in advance. Come on you Rebels!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sean Dyche was on the radio this morning saying Premier League club helping out teams down the ladder was wrong, would be like decent hedge fund managers helping out rubbish ones, with that attitude what hope do league and non league clubs have in surviving.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Sean Dyche was on the radio this morning saying Premier League club helping out teams down the ladder was wrong, would be like decent hedge fund managers helping out rubbish ones, with that attitude what hope do league and non league clubs have in surviving.

What an awful thing to say, hope they crash and burn .

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Absolute drivel from Dyche. I've admired the job he's done at Burnley but quite frankly he can do one with that attitude. Utterly disgraceful. No tears shed if they go down this year.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Steyning Town out of the FA Youth Cup. Three FA competitions in five days. Leatherhead U18s were very good. Strong spine to the team, an exceptionally quick winger on one side and an exceptional ball player on the other. Who needs the Leatherhead Lip ?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Well the draws been made for 2nd qualifying round of FA cup, and we've been handed a tie at Leighton Town fc. Step 5 team so again a great chance of progressing to next round which will be another Tues night fixture. Who have your mom league team got ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Footie at Whitehawk.jpeg

Footie, a crowd, a disappointing result. Nothing has changed...

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Well the draws been made for 2nd qualifying round of FA cup, and we've been handed a tie at Leighton Town fc. Step 5 team so again a great chance of progressing to next round which will be another Tues night fixture. Who have your mom league team got ?
Be careful ,very careful if you go.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nothing has changed?
The new scoreboard that’s fitted to the portacabin roof is a thing of beauty :)

I actually missed that. I'd like to see a timey wimey thing that tells us how many minutes have been played. Hate looking at my mobile and trying to work it out.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Impressive win for Worthing yesterday, 4-0 away to Kingstonian. They actually drew 0-0 up there a couple of weeks before lockdown ended the season last year, so it's certainly a step in the right direction for them. 6 points from 2 away games they only picked up 1 point from last season, good signs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here