Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Well our cup run is over , beaten by the ref today unfortunately. Gave them a penalty for handball when it was smashed at the player from 2 ft away . We had a Stonewall penality claim turned down late 2nd half when our striker was tripped up in the box but play was waved on . Sad way to go out but proud of the players who as usual gave 100% in difficult conditions

Yes saw your result as ended up looking out for it, second string Barnet Side came up trumps in the end I guess even with their 9 COVID tests

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Saw Bexhill put 3 past Billingshurst today, nice little ground actually with the most important facility... THE BAR. Bexhill top of division one now and play nice passing football for this level. Billingshurt’s Number 8 had the last name Tilley, is he a relation because it was like a walking doppelgänger. Counted the attendance personally of 156. Ground Number 117 ticked off and Ground Number 118 on Tuesday to watch Wick play.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Worthing's good form continues with a 3-1 win away at East Thurrock Utd

Well deserved win in wet and windy conditions at Thurrock with a decent away contingent in attendance.

Played the last 30 minute with 10 men aswell, top of the table so far with games in hand.

Couple of good signings in the last week which add a bit of experience to a young squad too.

Excellent start to the season which hopefully can be sustained.

Next up is a trip to Potters Bar on Tuesday.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Yes saw your result as ended up looking out for it, second string Barnet Side came up trumps in the end I guess even with their 9 COVID tests
Yeah, but having slept on it still feel we were unlucky to have lost in such circumstances. They seemed over the moon that they beat us with a young side but forgot to mention our team has an average age of just 21 and are bottom of a league two below them ! Yes I'm bitter this morning :lolol: but we go again Tues at St Ives , really need to start picking up points in the league.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Went to Whitehawk v Faversham yesterday. An entertaining 1-1 draw with the Hawks equaliser coming from a cheeky back heel. A great atmosphere as usual and Loud Shirt Hypnotise Pale at £3.70 a pint. Also treated to the bizarre sight of Adam El Abd with a full head of hair. A 400 sell out.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Went to Burgess Hill v Ramsgate yesterday. Decent crowd of around 300, got a bit wet at one point but good to actually watch some football. Hill vey much on top for 20 mins or so, then conceded twice, pretty sloppily. Missed 2 or 3 really good chances - just not clinical in front of goal. Maybe it’s a ‘Sussex’ trait [emoji23][emoji23] LB put in some fantastic crosses in the last 15 mins but no-one could convert. Lost 3-0. Pitch incidentally was in outstanding condition as usual.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
East Grinstead v Whitstable yesterday, good friendly club set in a tree lined ground and Harvey's in the bar.

Finished 2 - 2 with Grinstead drawing level at the death, good competitive game in set blustery conditions. I think the crowd was just under 300 which I'm sure is well up from last season.

Can recommend a visit.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
5 out of 5 for Southwick 1882 with a 3-2 win over Polegate Town on the Rec. Attendance about 80, above the average of most County League sides playing in proper grounds. Our 20 page document bid to get back into Old Barn Way goes to the council tomorrow
#bringhomethewickers

Good luck!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Get the feeling there are more than just officials in Priory Lane as the sending off of a Dulwich player was greeted by a female screech of "Get orrrrrf the pitch". Still 1-0 but it looks like the camera is a CCTV one being controlled remotely as it will just stop in the middle of the pitch despite the ball being with the keeper.

I used to go to Priory Lane quite a lot and there was always one woman, probably late 30s/early 40s, leaning on the railings just to the left of the main stand, who was constantly giving abuse to opposition players, but mainly the fourth official. She just seemed to hate all of them, from the moment the game started till the second it ended.

It never got too heated or offensive, but it seemed she went to football to vent a lot of internal pressure. I quite liked her.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Well deserved win in wet and windy conditions at Thurrock with a decent away contingent in attendance.

Played the last 30 minute with 10 men aswell, top of the table so far with games in hand.

Couple of good signings in the last week which add a bit of experience to a young squad too.

Excellent start to the season which hopefully can be sustained.

Next up is a trip to Potters Bar on Tuesday.

Did make me laugh that Worthing; who were averaging nearly 3 goals a game this season, felt the need to go out and sign another striker. And not just any striker, but the main striker of one of their promotion rivals who had 4 in 4 before they signed him. Diallo, Pearce & Koroma (and Golding) is frankly overkill. :lolol:

Did make me laugh that Worthing; who were averaging nearly 3 goals a game this season, felt the need to go out and sign another striker. And not just any striker, but the main striker of one of their promotion rivals who had 4 in 4 before they signed him. Diallo, Pearce & Koroma (and Golding) is frankly overkill. :lolol:

Is b.w.2 in charge of their recruitment ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I used to go to Priory Lane quite a lot and there was always one woman, probably late 30s/early 40s, leaning on the railings just to the left of the main stand, who was constantly giving abuse to opposition players, but mainly the fourth official. She just seemed to hate all of them, from the moment the game started till the second it ended.

It never got too heated or offensive, but it seemed she went to football to vent a lot of internal pressure. I quite liked her.

I used to go when Albion were away and they were in the County League - early 90s. This was on the pitch at the front - before they built an actual stadium. There was a tiny shelter of a stand and an old boy who would just randomly shout out "Gee up Langney - set 'em alight".

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Koroma was released by Carshalton last week as was Pappoe, a centre half, who has also joined Worthing. No idea why they were both released.
Plenty of options throughout the squad now. Will be a difficult job for Hinshelwood to keep them all happy.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Koroma was released by Carshalton last week as was Pappoe, a centre half, who has also joined Worthing. No idea why they were both released.
Plenty of options throughout the squad now. Will be a difficult job for Hinshelwood to keep them all happy.

Daniel Pappoe is a former Albion player - he was with us in 2014-15 (after being released by Chelsea).

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Will be making the lengthy trip from the South Coast for that one. Haven't played Leiston for a few seasons now.
Assume the capacity will be 400? Do Leiston sell tickets in advance do you know?

Just spoken to club and no advanced tickets mate,just pay cash on the day . Plenty of space as still have 600 limit in place .

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
74990489-CD4E-405B-B3DB-40A48082BD9D.jpeg

This Saturday, The Barrowmen v Seaford Town in The Vase. Bar open, Gourmet burgers and chips. Socially distanced. Live football. You can’t beat it.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Off to the Pilot Field tonight for Hastings Utd v Whitehawk. Sold out, 400 capacity, should be a decent atmosphere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here