Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Who are Hastings’ big rivals?

In times past they had one of the closest derby rivalries in the country - St Leonards Stamco (or whatever it was called) who's ground was next door to the Pilot Field. Alas like so many non league clubs, the money ran out after the main investor bailed out and they eve eventually went out of existence.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Koroma was released by Carshalton last week as was Pappoe, a centre half, who has also joined Worthing. No idea why they were both released.
Plenty of options throughout the squad now. Will be a difficult job for Hinshelwood to keep them all happy.

Nice club Worthing. Do hope they are not throwing money at it like so many non league clubs. Both new players have had more clubs then hot dinners. Not a good sign

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
In times past they had one of the closest derby rivalries in the country - St Leonards Stamco (or whatever it was called) who's ground was next door to the Pilot Field. Alas like so many non league clubs, the money ran out after the main investor bailed out and they eve eventually went out of existence.

Prior to that it was Hastings United and Hastings & St Leonards playing a stone’s throw from each other

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Way back the boxing day fixture was often v Tonbridge and attended by many people.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Nice club Worthing. Do hope they are not throwing money at it like so many non league clubs. Both new players have had more clubs then hot dinners. Not a good sign

Massive crowds for that level (4th highest in the country), a large chunk of money crowdfunded this summer for ground improvements, Football Foundation grant, 3G pitch that’s hired out 7 days a week etc. I think you’d be hard-pushed to find a club who are trying so hard to be sustainable as Worthing.

Another win for the mackerel men tonight, 2-1 away to Potters Bar. 18 points from 7 away games is ridiculous form.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Massive crowds for that level (4th highest in the country), a large chunk of money crowdfunded this summer for ground improvements, Football Foundation grant, 3G pitch that’s hired out 7 days a week etc. I think you’d be hard-pushed to find a club who are trying so hard to be sustainable as Worthing.

Another win for the mackerel men tonight, 2-1 away to Potters Bar. 18 points from 7 away games is ridiculous form.

Not the greatest performance this evening but a welcome 3 points.

Drab first half of few chances but Potters Bar took one of theirs to lead 1.0 at half time.

Introduction of Dayshonne Golding and Jesse Starkey on the hour mark changed the game. Much improved from that point onwards and 2 goals from Omar Koroma clinched the win aided with a fine save from Rocco Rees to prevent Potters Bar grabbing a point.

Looking unlikely that we will back at Woodside anytime soon though. The building work is dragging on and the relaying of the pitch has not yet been given a start date.
Cray, at home, will be played at Horsham on November 22nd.

From what I gather the close knit squad are on less money this season compared to the last season with 2 of the younger members of the squad loaned out to HHTFC and BHTFC aswell as Aarran Racine taking a break from the game.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Not the greatest performance this evening but a welcome 3 points.

Drab first half of few chances but Potters Bar took one of theirs to lead 1.0 at half time.

Introduction of Dayshonne Golding and Jesse Starkey on the hour mark changed the game. Much improved from that point onwards and 2 goals from Omar Koroma clinched the win aided with a fine asave from Rocco Rees to prevent Potters Bar grabbing a point.

Looking unlikely that we will back at Woodside anytime soon though. The building work is dragging on and the relaying of the pitch has not yet been given a start date.
Cray, at home, will be played at Horsham on November 22nd.

From what I gather the close knit squad are on less money this season compared to the last season with 2 of the younger members of the squad loaned out to HHTFC and BHTFC aswell as Aarran Racine taking a break from the game.
I'm interested to see how we perform against you on Saturday, we have a very young squad who were in the majority playing step 5 last season so a massive learning curve for a lot of them. This league we're in is brutal and certainly isn't helping our cause so be good to see how we fare against good opposition from the Isthmian . Have a good trip and all the best for the season .

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Went to watch Whyteleafe last night, beat Burgess Hill Town 5-0 and if you thought Brighton had defensive issues wait until you see Burgess Hill. Was a good atmosphere from the Burgess Hill 'ultras' and a few Whyteleafe fans. When I rocked up to leafy surrey on a tuesday I didn't expect there to be a stoppage in play due to a flare being let off but there you go.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Went to watch Whyteleafe last night, beat Burgess Hill Town 5-0 and if you thought Brighton had defensive issues wait until you see Burgess Hill. Was a good atmosphere from the Burgess Hill 'ultras' and a few Whyteleafe fans. When I rocked up to leafy surrey on a tuesday I didn't expect there to be a stoppage in play due to a flare being let off but there you go.

Burgess Hill are bottom of their league for a reason!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'll be off to The Beacon again on Saturday to see which Hassocks team is going to turn up against Alfold - they recently lost 8-0 at home to Horley then beat Langney 7-2 the following week. Dull it isn't!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Correct.......was the same on Saturday. Two poor goals conceded despite being on top, game over........

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL

With every Whyteleafe attack you sensed a goal would be looming. A very tough season shaping up for Burgess Hill, relegation back to the County League after nearly 20 years away would not be pleasant!

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I went to Whitehawk v Faversham last Saturday.
Fantastic experience.

Really friendly crowd - and I saw some faces that I recognised from the AMEX (I think NSK might have been there as well given their grafitti sprayed on various things on the walk to the ground !!)

A good standard of football, especially given the poor weather, and Whitehawk should've won but it ended 1-1.

Best of all, you feel part of something, get to chat to the players afterwards - Adam El-Abd was man of the match (its true, he has hair) - and you can drink 4 pint pitchers of lager from the comfort of your seat - beer heavily discounted as well by the way.The ground holds about 3,000 but was limited to 400 because of COVID and most of the seats are the temporary green ones transferred from Withdean so that felt familiar !

The staff and volunteers at the club should be really proud.

I can't recommend it highly enough and will definitely be going back.

Hawks and Seagulls

Aug 2, 2018
I went to Whitehawk v Faversham last Saturday.
Fantastic experience.

Really friendly crowd - and I saw some faces that I recognised from the AMEX (I think NSK might have been there as well given their grafitti sprayed on various things on the walk to the ground !!)

A good standard of football, especially given the poor weather, and Whitehawk should've won but it ended 1-1.

Best of all, you feel part of something, get to chat to the players afterwards - Adam El-Abd was man of the match (its true, he has hair) - and you can drink 4 pint pitchers of lager from the comfort of your seat - beer heavily discounted as well by the way.The ground holds about 3,000 but was limited to 400 because of COVID and most of the seats are the temporary green ones transferred from Withdean so that felt familiar !

The staff and volunteers at the club should be really proud.

I can't recommend it highly enough and will definitely be going back.

Glad you enjoyed it! We're really fortunate in this area because there are so many decent non-league football clubs trying their best to keep afloat, and to have support from a club that, only a few years ago was struggling itself, is superb... We're doing it all again on Saturday in a decent cup game v Cray Wanderers, and we'll have another 400 sell-out. We're also collecting essentials for the Whitehawk Foodbank, so if you're coming along and can contribute that would be amazing... Tenner, fiver students concessions, kids under 10 free. go to whitehawkfc.com for tix!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It is the FA Vase v Seaford Town tomorrow at the Shooting Field. 50% of gate receipts will go to Shoreham Food Bank - there will also be buckets on the gate, and club sponsors have already chipped in with contributions. The Club Bar and Dugout Burger Bar will be open. All welcome.

Vase.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here