Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 3pm Kick off TV Ban Lifted for 2020/21 Season

BHAFCLive

Sep 21, 2018
If there are no fans in the stadiums, there is no point in the blackout existing as there's no attendances to protect.

But whether that means all 3pm games will be shown Live is another question, as there's no agreement in place yet. The lifting of the blackout just enables another TV slot to be utilised.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
About time too . . . many more want to watch than can go or even want to go, and they're mostly happy to pay for it.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
the 3pm blackout being lifted for this season is ok, with people not going to matches. However, if it continues further, we could see the death of non league.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
the 3pm blackout being lifted for this season is ok, with people not going to matches. However, if it continues further, we could see the death of non league.

Well myself and two mates have just bought season tickets to watch our local team..Football is just part of the Saturday experience and sitting at home watching football in empty grounds leaves me cold.

Much rather meet up with mates in the pub go down the road to watch Grinny while having a laugh and chat and drinking more beer while watching.

So it might encourage more people to watch their local teams ??

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Well myself and two mates have just bought season tickets to watch our local team..Football is just part of the Saturday experience and sitting at home watching football in empty grounds leaves me cold.

Much rather meet up with mates in the pub go down the road to watch Grinny while having a laugh and chat and drinking more beer while watching.

So it might encourage more people to watch their local teams ??

But not the season after, if people are at home watching full stadiums.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Televised games were supposed to be announced by the end of this week so perhaps an announcement is imminent

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A lot of chatter on the dark web about extra games being screened in September before the expected return of some supporters in October.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I saw a tweet yesterday from one of the sports journalists I follow that suggested the games are all likely to be televised until fans are allowed back, but it's not expected to be on free-to-air channels. So it'll still be sky/bt/amazon.

EDIT: Found it:

[tweet]1298870351452090368[/tweet]

Last edited:

BHAFCLive

Sep 21, 2018
Televised games were supposed to be announced by the end of this week so perhaps an announcement is imminent

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Tottenham's supporters trust are in the know about this sort of thing, and they say announcement can be anytime before next Wednesday now. I suspect the possibility of televising ALL September games is what is holding up the selections.

https://twitter.com/THSTOfficial/status/1299315936403558403

phoenix

May 18, 2009

Really pleased about this. Look forward to paying for a saturday stream, so i can give something back to the good old blue & white guys.

(I work until at least 14.30 nearly every saturday)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If it works as the last games did after lockdown, then the matches will all have revised dates, or at least most of them.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
About time - you've been able to see the Albion 3pm games live in the States for quite a while now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here