Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Or we’ve singed that crappy bloke from Celtic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought he was shit and we were getting rid and replacing him for certain this year? Going to be some dumb looking posters if he signs. Will we hear the backtracking from them or will they continue to claim Ryan is shit?

I don't think anyone has said he is shit have they? Certainly I thought his performances after the restart were pretty poor and he does have a touch of the Joe Harts about him (as in looks to make spectacular saves that go through him.) But happy to trust the club in this

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
He's a very good keeper and this is good news for the club. However, we still need to get some genuine competition in for him and strong back-up in case he gets injured etc. Button (although looks like he is off) and Steele don't provide it in my opinion. Time will tell whether Walton is good enough but I think it is still one of our weakest areas in terms of strength in depth...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I thought he was shit and we were getting rid and replacing him for certain this year? Going to be some dumb looking posters if he signs. Will we hear the backtracking from them or will they continue to claim Ryan is shit?

He was dogshit against City and there was one or two goals more in those 9 post-lockdown games that he could have saved, and some people just overreact to it. The club knows better.

Great if he extends, I dont see a reason in the world to substitute him for anyone else for a long time to come.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don't think anyone has said he is shit have they? Certainly I thought his performances after the restart were pretty poor and he does have a touch of the Joe Harts about him (as in looks to make spectacular saves that go through him.) But happy to trust the club in this

Correct.

An area we could improve. Literally no one has said “he is shit”.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
scotch egg. parody account

Who still gets attention despite many guesses on there that were ultimately complete bollocks. Don’t think it’s a parody - just a joke name and a kid trying to be ‘itk’. Although Ryan new deal would be feasible but not exactly inside info worth promoting!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Who still gets attention despite many guesses on there that were ultimately complete bollocks. Don’t think it’s a parody - just a joke name and a kid trying to be ‘itk’. Although Ryan new deal would be feasible but not exactly inside info worth promoting!

Would seem a strange one to make up ?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Correct.

An area we could improve. Literally no one has said “he is shit”.

I agree nobody said he is shit. But he has, in my view, received some unfair criticism based on a couple of poor games post lockdown. Just my opinion before you start getting all high and mighty about it (which you tend to do if people disagree with you).

I can understand the logic of people saying he needs better competition but don't think we should be looking to spend the sort of money that's being talked about for the Turkish goalkeeper so he can compete with Ryan. That would be for a new first choice keeper, which would be very harsh in my view.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would seem a strange one to make up ?

Yeh that’s my thoughts. Someone’s pointing out to him (see his feed) that he latched onto Lallana thing like it was his news when it was already out there in the press then claimed it was him that broke it :lol: he’s done shit loads of tweets on possibly every target we get linked with then deleted them when they don’t happen. He tweets about Ben White singing a new contract once a week as it’s a fairly likely scenario - then deletes it and re posts a few days later. Very sad and bored kid but some actually fall for it.

Ryan new deal is very plausible (he’s prob read it in the press or twitter somewhere) but the fact it’s just emojis gives him the chance to say ‘ I didn’t say ryan new deal’ if it doesn’t happen. Very odd the desperate ‘itk’ shite on twitter. Albion very very tight lipped these days.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I agree nobody said he is shit. But he has, in my view, received some unfair criticism based on a couple of poor games post lockdown. Just my opinion before you start getting all high and mighty about it (which you tend to do if people disagree with you).

I can understand the logic of people saying he needs better competition but don't think we should be looking to spend the sort of money that's being talked about for the Turkish goalkeeper so he can compete with Ryan. That would be for a new first choice keeper, which would be very harsh in my view.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Alright, easy.

Nothing high and mighty. My opinion too!

I just think it’s an area that could be improved. The fact there are reports linking us with GKs suggest the club feel the same.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Im not saying we should get rid of Ryan by any means, but genuinely don't understand why it would "be harsh" if the club did buy a keeper who was better than Ryan?

Unless you already have the best keeper on the planet, I would be happy if the club bought a better GK.

Ryan is the best of what we have and should start for that reason alone, but cant be any room for sentiment if a better or competing option became available for the right price.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Alright, easy.

Nothing high and mighty. My opinion too!

I just think it’s an area that could be improved. The fact there are reports linking us with GKs suggest the club feel the same.

Is it the club or is it rumours?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Im not saying we should get rid of Ryan by any means, but genuinely don't understand why it would "be harsh" if the club did buy a keeper who was better than Ryan?

Unless you already have the best keeper on the planet, I would be happy if the club bought a better GK.

Ryan is the best of what we have and should start for that reason alone, but cant be any room for sentiment if a better or competing option became available for the right price.

I think he's been one of our best players in the Premier League so deserves his place. I also feel it's not an area we should be spending big money on, as Ryan is a very good first choice keeper for us. A relatively cheap keeper to compete more with Ryan than Button and Steele have I can understand, although I assume the club hope Walton will cover that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here