Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ted Baker give up their box at the Amex

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Box number 6 in the West now available at £47,000 (plus VAT) a season. (not including drink)

Different circumstances I know but I remember going to St Mary's in 2005, the day Leon Knight got chucked off the coach, and half the executive boxes in the main stand behind the press seats were all closed up, with the post Covid recession you do wonder if the Albion will see a serious downturn in commercial income?

Its a shame because so far as the corporate experience goes the Albion do it very well, but if people or businesses haven't got the money something's got to give?

The Baker box will always represent a watershed in my Albion journey, the day we played Wigan on Easter Monday 2017 box number 6 was made up of two UK employees and 8 visiting Japanese executives, with promotion assured the party got started and that box set the highest ever individual spend for an Exec box, to that date, since the stadium opened.

Amongst the euphoria of reaching the promised land I realised ultimately it doesn't matter whether you come from Tongdean or Tokyo, just so long as you spend the money.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
£47k? Let me just check down the back of the sofa.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
100% Corporate entertainment is going to see a big hit. I work for a big US Tech firm and we've pretty much pulled all spend on 'marketing activities' involving actual events for this financial year - up to July 2021.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Discretionary marketing spend in my company: Nov 2019 - £237k; July 2020 - £148. Better to keep the employees employed.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Plenty of companies have "won" during Covid. I'm sure the person responsible for selling the corporate boxes will be on the phone to companies such as Amazon, Tesco's, Sainsbury's or Glaxo. 47K is still a drop in the ocean to these companies.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
What exactly do I get for 47k + VAT

A meal?
Access to the players lounge?
A curtain to drink behind?
Parking?
Can you use the box outside of games for meetings etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Box number 6 in the West now available at £47,000 (plus VAT) a season. (not including drink)

Different circumstances I know but I remember going to St Mary's in 2005, the day Leon Knight got chucked off the coach, and half the executive boxes in the main stand behind the press seats were all closed up, with the post Covid recession you do wonder if the Albion will see a serious downturn in commercial income?

Its a shame because so far as the corporate experience goes the Albion do it very well, but if people or businesses haven't got the money something's got to give?

The Baker box will always represent a watershed in my Albion journey, the day we played Wigan on Easter Monday 2017 box number 6 was made up of two UK employees and 8 visiting Japanese executives, with promotion assured the party got started and that box set the highest ever individual spend for an Exec box, to that date, since the stadium opened.

Amongst the euphoria of reaching the promised land I realised ultimately it doesn't matter whether you come from Tongdean or Tokyo, just so long as you spend the money.

Henceforth we became customers and not fans

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
What exactly do I get for 47k + VAT

A meal?
Access to the players lounge?
A curtain to drink behind?
Parking?
Can you use the box outside of games for meetings etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 seats, 3 parking spaces, 20 games (inc 1 cup game) 3 course meal, with half time and full time refreshments, match programmes, sporadic visits to your box pre and post match throughout the season from Alan Mullery, Gary Chivers, Andy Rollings and others.

Not sure you have access to the box outside match days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I imagine stuff like football will be the first thing to go when any business or private individual is re-assessing their spending. This won’t be the last. Sad.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
10 seats, 3 parking spaces, 20 games (inc 1 cup game) 3 course meal, with half time and full time refreshments, match programmes, sporadic visits to your box pre and post match throughout the season from Alan Mullery, Gary Chivers, Andy Rollings and others.

Not sure you have access to the box outside match days.

And, frankly, for a Premier League club that's not bad value at all...

£47,000 / 20 (matches) / 10 (people per match) = £235pppm*

* - VAT unlikely to be an issue for most

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Plenty of companies have "won" during Covid. I'm sure the person responsible for selling the corporate boxes will be on the phone to companies such as Amazon, Tesco's, Sainsbury's or Glaxo. 47K is still a drop in the ocean to these companies.

Locally, Parker Building Supplies (big Albion supporters & commercial ‘partners’) have been booming.

It’s a mixed picture.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
.....undertakers

Make sure you stand well back.

FailingScholarlyArrowcrab-max-1mb.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here