Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] SE Dons

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Seeing their story currently on the BBC homepage, a quick search brings up this tournament at Lancing, featuring Dave and Stormzy. Apols if fixtures. Not heard of them before.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don't start this again....

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The last thread on them turned in to the usual collection of grumpy out of touch old men moan about Hip-Hop whilst showing their lack of knowledge on the subject by using phrases such as ‘gangsta’ and ‘brap’

FWIW, been watching the SE Dons for a few years now. They do stray in to becoming parodies of themselves sometimes and I fully understand why people wouldn’t like them as characters. However I think it’s hard to deny that what they’ve done is massively impressive. Being able to turn a Sunday League team in to a marketable brand which can pull in gates of 2,000+ is brilliant, and the amount of young people they’re getting back in to Sunday League football can only be positive.

Also if you want another Albion connection, the chairman of SE Dons is Andy Ansah who played for the Albion in the late 90s’

If anyone wants to give their Sunday League videos a try then I’d suggest one of their cup final episodes as a good jumping in point.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought SE Dons was gonna be CPFC2010 new name - keeping up with their idols MK Dons...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here