Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Other teams Transfer Business

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Going by youtube welcome to Fulham videos, Lookman is left footed and plays down the left or through the middle. The Sadio Mane role.

But getting £10m for AK was great business, wasn’t it?

Yes, despite what many said, getting rid of, and the sum received for, Knockaert was a good move. Although Lookman tended to play on the left, like most left-sided players these days, I think he's right-footed (like Mane). I also don't think he has the strength to play down the middle, as a CF; he can perhaps do it as a false nine, but I doubt he has the spatial awareness to do that -- mind you, most don't.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Wouldn't have minded Lookman to be fair. Problem with Fulham is although they're shit they will just keep buying players and some of them will be quite good. Lookman, Areolla, Schurlle all played at a high level but Fulham just like QPR a few years ago don't get the balance right.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Look man is a cracking player.
Would’ve loved him here.
But to succeed you have to play in a team and right now Fulham don’t have one.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Villa signing Ross Barkley on loan must be up there with our signing Lallana. Maybe a little more so given his age and goals from midfield. Theyve done well this window after so many duds last season.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Good business for them, and shows the competition never stands still, fortunately neither have we. . . .

edit . . .the 'business' may be awful, butr the plkayer acquisition is potentially/probably good for their squad/team

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Villa signing Ross Barkley on loan must be up there with our signing Lallana. Maybe a little more so given his age and goals from midfield. Theyve done well this window after so many duds last season.

Not sure about this one. Obviously a class player but similar to what they have in grealish. Their midfield 3 usually consists of Grealish, McGinn and Luiz very balanced with Hourihane covering each of their positions. Where does Barclay fit? If they play Grealish, Barclay and McGinn for example I think it's a bit too attack minded for a team who don't tend to see a lot of the ball against other good sides.

Matty Cash, Ollie Watkins and Martinez fantastic additions though, think they'll comfortably stay up this season maybe even challenge with us for a surprise top 10 spot.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not sure about this one. Obviously a class player but similar to what they have in grealish. Their midfield 3 usually consists of Grealish, McGinn and Luiz very balanced with Hourihane covering each of their positions. Where does Barclay fit? If they play Grealish, Barclay and McGinn for example I think it's a bit too attack minded for a team who don't tend to see a lot of the ball against other good sides.

Matty Cash, Ollie Watkins and Martinez fantastic additions though, think they'll comfortably stay up this season maybe even challenge with us for a surprise top 10 spot.

Villa are certainly splashing the cash. I shudder to think what their wage bill is like

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Leeds buying:

ACM from Bayern for £18m
Cantwell from Norwich for £15

Joining
6FCAE5B0-5D79-4E31-9489-302ABE93E2D3.png

So £112m and counting.

A far cry from our £40m in summer 2017.

What’s changed? Well it’s the same broadcasting contract, but now no matchday income.

Leeds joining Villa, Everton and ManC as throwing out all constraints.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Villa for me have done some good business this window. They've identified areas of weakness and are trying to rectify it. Concede too many goals, get Martinez and Cash in with prem experience for Mings and Konsa.
Didn't score enough goals, so brought in Watkins and added Barkley and Traore to help with creativity and goal threat.
Obviously best bit of business has been keeping Grealish, that was crucial and I can see them comfortably in mid table.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
You can spend all the money you want buying all the players you want but it proves time and time again, creating a team is what works.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here