Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Other teams Transfer Business

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Anybody else keeping an eye on how our competitors are improving their squad, any signings jumping out? All seems relatively quiet considering how close we are to the season starting..

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Eberechi Eze reported to be close to joining Palace from QPR for somewhere in the region of £16-20m according to the Telegraph

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Leeds appear to be signing Rodrigo from Valencia (who are in huge financial problems) for eur30m. Not a bad price for an international with CL goals.

Good signing, I am quite jealous of that one

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We spent £45m in summer 2017. Leeds spending 2/3’s of that on one player, from identical PL broadcasting income!

He's had 17 games in the PL with Bolton and scored one goal. His scoring record for Valencia isn't earth-shattering either - 38 goals in 172 games - not terrible but not astounding.

30m Euros looks a bit steep for a 29-year-old unproven PL performer - we shall see

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
True. I guess you could argue that a very good striker (which he is) isnt the worst way to go OTT though. Plus they only have Bamford up there, so obviously need to strengthen.

With the same increment to their income as us three years ago, it’ll be interesting to see if their spend exceeds our £45m.

Fulham in 2018 and Villa in 2019 spent £100m and £140m respectively, to little success, on large numbers of players.

I wonder if Leeds will take the same gamble, but on just a few names?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He's had 17 games in the PL with Bolton and scored one goal. His scoring record for Valencia isn't earth-shattering either - 38 goals in 172 games - not terrible but not astounding.

30m Euros looks a bit steep for a 29-year-old unproven PL performer - we shall see
You're not factoring in Bielsa's ability to polish turds into crown jewels.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leeds appear to be signing Rodrigo from Valencia (who are in huge financial problems) for eur30m. Not a bad price for an international with CL goals.
Could link up well with the other £20million fella they are committed to buy from RBL.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I wouldn’t call Chelsea’s spending spree quiet exactly

There spending enough for all of us by the looks of things, could end up with some team though surely have to be challenging next season maybe not for the league but definitely in the domestics and progress in the champions league. Still don't think they should have let Willian go.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

With no resale value.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020

Could be a great signing alternatively could be a very expensive flop.. He won't have Parejo, Guedes, Torres, Kondogbia playing with him though.. He'll be the most experienced player at top level in that leagues team and they're spending a lot on him when they need two centre backs and a centre midfielder as well.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Eberechi Eze reported to be close to joining Palace from QPR for somewhere in the region of £16-20m according to the Telegraph

Was quality for QPR think he could have done better.. Palace spend a fortune on wages though and will probably lose Zaha so Eze will be the main man and I think he's brilliant just hope he struggles with the step up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here