Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Lewis Dunk ever play for England again?

Will Lewis Dunk play for England again?

• Never while Southgate is in charge

Votes: 231 47.6%
  • Yes, Southgate will pick him eventually

Votes: 50 10.3%
  • Only if Southgate leaves/gets sacked

Votes: 169 34.8%
  • No, he's not good enough

Votes: 35 7.2%

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If DCL is an England forward when fit, Dunk is a long way off it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
unfortunately his weakness is big / strong forwards running at him. Good on the ball, good against smaller / quicker strikers but gets turned inside / out by bigger number 9s who play tight to him. Probably why he got torn to bits with England by Rashford & Kane according to media reports

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No and I’ve thought that for a long time.

A great organiser, stalwart and defender for us, but he’d get burnt for pace in proper internationals. He doesn’t deserve further caps. With Webster, they made Iwobi, Garner and Doucoure look world beaters.

[That doesn’t mean I rate Mings, Keane or Dier. They don’t deserve England caps. CB is the achilles heel of the squad].

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
No and I’ve thought that for a long time.

A great organiser, stalwart and defender for us, but he’d get burnt for pace in proper internationals. He doesn’t deserve further caps. With Webster, they made Iwobi, Garner and Doucoure look world beaters.

[That doesn’t mean I rate Mings, Keane or Dier. They don’t deserve England caps. CB is the achilles heel of the squad].
It's one game, one where he did make mistakes, sure, but was also left exposed time and again by the tactics we employed.

And as you point out, he's still better than the rest. Anyone who points to Dunks mistakes tonight and use that as a reason to leave him out whilst simultaneously picking Maguire isn't truly serious.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's one game, one where he did make mistakes, sure, but was also left exposed time and again by the tactics we employed.

And as you point out, he's still better than the rest. Anyone who points to Dunks mistakes tonight and use that as a reason to leave him out whilst simultaneously picking Maguire isn't truly serious.

For me, I’ve felt it for a couple of years. I used to really want him to get at least one more cap.

As I say, Mings and Dier don’t deserve more either.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Interesting that the first game after letting DZ’s tactics out of the bag with Jamie Redknapp and a call from people to get another call up he has the poorest game for a long while. Hopefully he will get over it and back to his best. It’s been a tough season both physically and mentally for those undroppable players. The run in was always going to be difficult and the cup run has turned out to be a bit too much to deal with.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
David Ornstein in the Athletic suggesting that Lewis may be in line for an England recall. He is apparently "under strong consideration" by Southgate, who watched him in the United game at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here