Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Lewis Dunk ever play for England again?

Will Lewis Dunk play for England again?

• Never while Southgate is in charge

Votes: 231 47.6%
  • Yes, Southgate will pick him eventually

Votes: 50 10.3%
  • Only if Southgate leaves/gets sacked

Votes: 169 34.8%
  • No, he's not good enough

Votes: 35 7.2%

• Total voters

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Gareth will never pick him. If we bomb at the Euros, (likely) and Southgate is sacked (not definite), a new manager might come in and decide to pick the best team. Until then Lewis is playing the waiting game. He deserves more.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Not unless we get a decent manager.

Potter is decent. I know you mean Southgate. Hopefully he will have another great season and push himself to the fore. It's looking less likely as time passes though. Southgate clearly doesn't rate him. The Palace prick.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
For whatever reason Southgate doesn't rate him.
I'd imagine there is no neutral football supporter who'd choose Keane over Dunk and only a few (who fall for hype) that would choose Mings over Dunk. Same for journalists. Same for pundits. And definitely the same for other managers.
It's weird, but it is what it is. I feel sorry for the lad and it kind of reiterates what an incredibly loyal decision it was to sign a new contract.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Or there is an outbreak of Covid 19 in the England camp, ruling out Maguire, Keane, Mings and Gomez.

In which case the shout will go out for Ezri Konsa, Gary Cahill, Scott Dann and James Tompkins.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Unfortunately if Mings and Keene are getting selected in front of him he has no chance of getting in while this Palace knob jockey is in charge. Southgate is a very poor manager that potentially has very good players but he will do nothing with the team! He should have won the World Cup!!! England will never have a better chance!!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
If Dunk had signed for Chelsea, anyone else thinks he would have been in the squad? Whether that was on the cards or not, I do think by signing a new contract for us, Dunk has effectively ended any chance of a call up.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
He's miles better than Tyrone f*""**g Mings.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
It may be an unpopular thought but not getting selected means he's less likely to get injured. However he deserves the selection.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He'd have to play bloody well to get in ahead of Dier

[tweet]1298249379590045696[/tweet]

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
This poll is a shambles!

I don't think he will, but not because I think he's not good enough. I just don't think he'll get picked by Southgate or any likely successor.

What do I vote? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here