Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Sound Bars

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Just bought a new TV (nothing outrageous - 55" 4k smart TV) and want to get a sound bar for the first time.

Any recommendations or things to look out for? Would prefer one without the separate sub if the integrated subs are decent enough.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Really it was a price/quality balance. I can't bring myself to spend a grand on a TV knowing the technology will be outdated in a year and they'll be available for 500€.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Really it was a price/quality balance. I can't bring myself to spend a grand on a TV knowing the technology will be outdated in a year and they'll be available for 500€.

K...and yes I know what you mean...a grands a lot...I bought a new one about three months ago...50inch Hisense which suited the size of the room ..and just under £500...I'd already got a Bose (bottom of the range) sound bar..judging sound but also it’s small footprint . ..I’m sure you will get plenty of advice on here

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Team Sonos!
For the simple fact you can hang it upside down (like I have) and it still says Sonos , so you don't feel like a dick and still feel chuffed with yourself.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Samsung because a mate has one and I liked the quality.
I have the Sonos Playbar with a Samsung tv... good combo.... I also have five other Sonos speakers around the house ( 1 x :One ... 2 x : 1 .. 2 x : 5 ), so I suppose I would recommend this brand.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I just don't understand sound bars at all.

Surely if you are spending £500, £1k, 2K whatever on a TV, you'd also expect it to have good quality sound?

Wouldn't get one on principle

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This.

I also have a Samsung TV and Samsung soundbar.

Because they're all "smart", it effectively becomes an extension of the TV all quite seamlessly.

Plus the sound is awesome.

I think if you went for another brand it might complicate things.

You're right, I bought an LG OLED TV, because it has (had) the best quality picture, and bought a Smasung soundbar with rears and a sub. They do all work together fine, but it was a faff to set up, and even now sometimes the ARC connection fails and I have to restart the whole thing. Love the Samsung soundbar though, and it has ATMOS which is superb on a 4K Bluray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here