Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Taylor Richards joins Doncaster on loan

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
You wonder if he regrets leaving City, as difficult as it is to force your way through there, steps down to BHA with the hope of breaking into the first team, next stop Doncaster. Familiar territory for a lot of young prospects, let’s hope he can get his head down and push onwards and upwards.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Why loan him out? We clearly don't rate him or even know who he is. He's Donny through and through, we should just let him go to them.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Nice of us to let him take the cuffs off for the photo!

One to look out for next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope this time we insisted on a buy after loan clause.

The mess the club got into by not having one with The Leeds United, Pride of Yorkshire, is still being felt to this day.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
He's a decent player and a bit of rough and tumble in league one will do him some good. Be interesting to see how he does.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why loan him out? We clearly don't rate him or even know who he is. He's Donny through and through, we should just let him go to them.

If he simply sticks in a transfer request, he'll be a Donny player faster than you can say "Free Ben White" :dunce:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If he simply sticks in a transfer request, he'll be a Donny player faster than you can say "Free Ben White" :dunce:

Yes and he clearly should. I for one am sick of the club's profiteering which is based around ruining young players careers. He's unwanted at Brighton and although he hasn't actually got there yet he was made in Doncaster.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
You wonder if he regrets leaving City, as difficult as it is to force your way through there, steps down to BHA with the hope of breaking into the first team, next stop Doncaster. Familiar territory for a lot of young prospects, let’s hope he can get his head down and push onwards and upwards.

Perhaps but there is a clear pathway to the first team here. He's only 19 after all.

I'm sure a lot of City youth players look at the first team and think there is no route in there without being a once in a generation talent. I'm sure he'll look at our current set up and feel that he has a much higher chance of playing in the Premier League over the next few years than ever making an appearance at City.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Probably an element of sending lots out on loan not necessarily because we wanted to but to help our fellow clubs. I was lead to believe we didn’t want to loan to lower than championship level

I'm not sure there's a good reason for not sending young players to other, lower leagues. Plenty of good experience to be had in L1 and L2. Also, I'm not convinced Richards is ready for Championship yet so L1 is a good opportunity for him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hopefully will do him good, I suspect his level may not be much more than the championship. Not as good as some of the others when I’ve seen him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
"Darren Moore made him the player he is"

"He's Donny through and through"

"Brighton didn't even know who he was before he came here"

"He should just hand in a transfer request so he can join a massive club"

"#freetaylorrichards"

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patreon
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Perhaps but there is a clear pathway to the first team here. He's only 19 after all.

I'm sure a lot of City youth players look at the first team and think there is no route in there without being a once in a generation talent. I'm sure he'll look at our current set up and feel that he has a much higher chance of playing in the Premier League over the next few years than ever making an appearance at City.

Foden only going to start getting regular football now and he's superb.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting one - he seemed to be a bit disappointed / frustrated on social media after the break but I can't see how he gets near the team at the moment. League One loan will be interesting to see how he gets on

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I did wonder when he came if he thought he was going to get into our team fairly quickly - and didn't anticipate going ot on loan to Donny! Let's hope he's level headed enough to realise that the Development Team know what they're doing and that this is likely to be the right move for him at this time.
Hope he has a great season and enjoys himself. Serious question - does anybody know if there's a right to buy (or an obligation to buy) clause, or do Donny know that he is only there for the season and will come back to us at the end of it?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I did wonder when he came if he thought he was going to get into our team fairly quickly - and didn't anticipate going ot on loan to Donny! Let's hope he's level headed enough to realise that the Development Team know what they're doing and that this is likely to be the right move for him at this time.
Hope he has a great season and enjoys himself. Serious question - does anybody know if there's a right to buy (or an obligation to buy) clause, or do Donny know that he is only there for the season and will come back to us at the end of it?

These sort of details haven't been announced. However it strikes me as unlikely. We paid £2m (I think) for him and Donny don't have that sort of money. Far more likely we are doing what we usually do, which is to send him out to gain experience with a view to making a decision for next season as to whether to integrate him into the squad, giving him a higher level loan or selling when he may have shown enough for us to make a modest profit

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here