Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Tinpot & Plucky

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just got back from a couple of days in the Muff. Didn't see ONE shirt, not even a polo job. No kids in kits, nothing. Its like the football club doesn't exist, there is absolutely zero sign of it in their town.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't want us to do it. Most of all because harmless fun can turn toxic in the modern media age.

It's very cringey, but not worthy of the bile of the Twitter sewer rats.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'Fighting for the glory of Reading' does sound more like a Cromwellian battle cry than a popular chant at a home fixture against Rotherham United.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The curious side of me really wants to click on those videos, but the sensible side of me keeps reminding me that I'll never be able to unhear them.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
The curious side of me really wants to click on those videos, but the sensible side of me keeps reminding me that I'll never be able to unhear them.

Listen to your sensible side.

Although the Bournemouth one is sort of catchy, if you can somehow listen to it whilst squinting with your ears.

If you can arrange it so that you listen to the Bournemouth one, while watching the Reading one you may, just, walk away intact.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Just got back from a couple of days in the Muff. Didn't see ONE shirt, not even a polo job. No kids in kits, nothing. Its like the football club doesn't exist, there is absolutely zero sign of it in their town.

Just like you we ain't a football town. I see them all over the place but not necessarily in a town centre rammed with thousands of visitors.

Saw no Brighton shirts when I spent two days at your gaff for my daughters graduation, didn't think anything of it tbf.

el punal

[tweet]1296923854598746114[/tweet]
WTF :facepalm:

Never, ever post shit like this ever again. You have been warned. Continue on this road to purgatory and I will put you on my ignore list.

Have you thought of putting this on Leeds’ Waccoe site? They’ll welcome you with open arms you f***ing c***.
:D. :drink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just like you we ain't a football town. I see them all over the place but not necessarily in a town centre rammed with thousands of visitors.

Saw no Brighton shirts when I spent two days at your gaff for my daughters graduation, didn't think anything of it tbf.

Have to disagree. I see BHA all over the place in our city centre, and the seafront, even painted on buses (not always popular in this Age of Boris, but anyway...).

I have to say I really do like Bournemouth as a town. But your clubs presence there is zero. Back in the day when we could only get 8k at Withdean, you'd hardly ever see BHA anywhere in our city centre either. But once we got to the Amex, with crowds of 22k and now 30k that all changed, especially with the kids. I guess your being limited to 11k is always going to stunt the growth, interest and pride in your town of the local football club.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Never, ever post shit like this ever again. You have been warned. Continue on this road to purgatory and I will put you on my ignore list.

Have you thought of putting this on Leeds’ Waccoe site? They’ll welcome you with open arms you f***ing c***.
:D. :drink:

Haha, you do make me laugh, you overbearing gimp :p:wink:

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Have to disagree. I see BHA all over the place in our city centre, and the seafront, even painted on buses (not always popular in this Age of Boris, but anyway...).

I have to say I really do like Bournemouth as a town. But your clubs presence there is zero. Back in the day when we could only get 8k at Withdean, you'd hardly ever see BHA anywhere in our city centre either. But once we got to the Amex, with crowds of 22k and now 30k that all changed, especially with the kids. I guess your being limited to 11k is always going to stunt the growth, interest and pride in your town of the local football club.

There's not a lot of housing close to our town centre, few big supermarkets (many people shop at Castlepoint). Its always been a town centre full of students, tourists and large quite expensive buildings . I cant remember taking the kids there more than a couple of times, not even for the beach as there's better further along. Unless you pop along to Boscombe (which kind of reminds me more of Brighton) you'll see more of a presence or even Poole.

Logistically I'd say both places are totally different in relation to town centres per se (if thats where you visited). You seem to have better transport links but masses of housing within walking distance to the pier for example. I'm not sure what the demographic is, families etc. Of course you have a 30K ground and all that comes with it and probably sell three times as many shirts ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here