Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 148 PSG fans arrested after Paris riot

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
In the wake of their CL final defeat to Bayern Munich, coincidentally 45 years ago Leeds United lost to Bayern the European Cup Final in Paris after some dubious refereeing decisions, their fans rioted that night and the club was subsequently banned from European Competition for 5 years.

Wonder if UEFA will follow suit and ban the French club?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
In the wake of their CL final defeat to Bayern Munich, coincidentally 45 years ago Leeds United lost to Bayern the European Cup Final in Paris after some dubious refereeing decisions, their fans rioted that night and the club was subsequently banned from European Competition for 5 years.

I very much doubt it, probably be a 50 quid fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I would suggest PSG are the club least likely to face sanction from UEFA for any reason whatever.

There is a bit of an odd element within the PSG fans. I took a stroll round the outside of the Park de Prince a couple of years ago. Not a matchday, it was off season, maybe a Tuesday lunchtime or something. There were a couple of hundred of fans, huddled closely, setting off flares, jumping around and singing about something, (not sure what, it was in some indecipherable foreign language). Anyway despite the apparent pointlessness of the day, it had the feel of something that could turn a bit nasty.

I was reminded of that when I saw there had been trouble there this morning.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think the Leeds United ban was reduced to 2 years upon appeal.

There won't be any action I shouldn't have thought. It wasn't at the venue. It would be seen as a domestic matter.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Judging by the videos from the pubs in Paris, where some were absolutely rammed full you have to question whether football fans can actually be trusted and question how on Earth the owners allowed so many people in? One pub had riot police sent in, video on twitter somewhere. I know it’s a huge game for PSG but one night of stupidity could see an explosion of COVID cases in Paris.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I would suggest PSG are the club least likely to face sanction from UEFA for any reason whatever.

There is a bit of an odd element within the PSG fans. I took a stroll round the outside of the Park de Prince a couple of years ago. Not a matchday, it was off season, maybe a Tuesday lunchtime or something. There were a couple of hundred of fans, huddled closely, setting off flares, jumping around and singing about something, (not sure what, it was in some indecipherable foreign language). Anyway despite the apparent pointlessness of the day, it had the feel of something that could turn a bit nasty.

I was reminded of that when I saw there had been trouble there this morning.

French?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Vile club , ethically worse than MK Don's , 398 million pounds for 2 players sums them up perfectly.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012

The Leeds fans ripped seats out in the stadium and threw them taking the eye of a camera man amongst other serious injuries and widespread rioting. It's pathetic small country syndrome to compare this incident and feel hard done by.

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here