Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Fun Fact re Hospital Radio

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks is on the blacklist, along with anything by Gary Glitter and Rolf Harris but for different reasons obviously.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not sure 'Seasons in the Sun' would be appropriate. Took a while to register why but I get it now.

Trying to think of possible others.

I'm guessing 'Mad World' by Tears for Fears in one or two units.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'Accidents will happen'

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I've just done an arrangement with a Hosp DJ and he told me, probably the line ."Goodbye my friend its hard to die, when all the birds are singing in the sky" is probably what you don't want to hear on your headset in ITU.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've just done an arrangement with a Hosp DJ and he told me, probably the line ."Goodbye my friend its hard to die, when all the birds are singing in the sky" is probably what you don't want to hear on your headset in ITU.

Especially if you've got a friend called Michelle.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Calling Ivan Brackenbury !!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Bit of Britney in Theatre. Oops, I did it again. I played with your heart .....
Followed by Jimmy Ruffin. What become of the brokenhearted?
Finale of Quo. Down, down. Deeper and down.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Yes it's on our banned list too
Funnily enough "My way" by Sinatra isn't and, in fact, normally tops our hospitall's charts at the end of the year and (to my mind) is the ultimate staring death in the face song

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

It's a pity that it's such a crap version - the original is much darker and is mainly about infidelity.
Wish someone would do a version of that (it's also much livelier, not as dirge-like as Terry Jacks' take)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here