Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Button to West Brom

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
New goalkeeper incoming or is it 2 from 3 of Steele, Walton, & Sanchez for the back up spots? Apart from Walton's appearances with us years ago i've not seen anything of these keepers. Are they upto it?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
New goalkeeper incoming or is it 2 from 3 of Steele, Walton, & Sanchez for the back up spots? Apart from Walton's appearances with us years ago i've not seen anything of these keepers. Are they upto it?

There was a deal in place earlier this summer for Neil Etheridge to come in but that hasn’t happened so far, depending on Walton’s injury, it may still happen but unlikely now as the player wants first-team football. If not then it will be Sanchez as the second choice and Steele continuing in his role as 3rd choice/coaching role.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
You can say what you like about Button, but he was always ready to come ON!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I get that we're clearing out the deadwood this transfer window, but surely there'll be some incomings soon. If Maupay or Ryan got injured we're relying on relative youth and inexperience in those positions.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
I really hope we paid less than £4m or sold him for more than £500k, otherwise it seems like awful business

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We are certainly clearing the decks at the moment of all of the excess baggage of the squad..

First time this has happened in many a season. Either there are a lot of players in the squad who Potter doesn't fancy, or we are simply trying to chop some dead wood from the wage bill in these troubled times.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It must be weird being a fringe player and never really playing football.

Until 3 years ago he'd played regularly for Championship sides. Since then, he hasn't really played. Doesn't he get bored I wonder?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Until 3 years ago he'd played regularly for Championship sides. Since then, he hasn't really played. Doesn't he get bored I wonder?

I have just watched the Spurs documentary on Amazon.
There is a sequence where Michel Vorm is selected to play in the cup. Whilst he is saying all the right things to camera, you can see genuine fear in his eyes at the prospect of playing a competitive match.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004

It must be weird being a fringe player and never really having a fringe.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Had his opportunity to write his name into West Brom folklore last night but failed to save any Brentford penalties. West Brom fans seem pretty meh about him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here