Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Favourite Gammon Recipes

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Soon the nights witll be drawing in again and salads will need to be replaced with something a bit more hearty. I always start to think of a nice piece of gammon at this time and Nigella's effort, steeped in coca-cola is my favourite.

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/ham-in-coca-cola

How about you?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Soon the nights witll be drawing in again and salads will need to be replaced with something a bit more hearty. I always start to think of a nice piece of gammon at this time and Nigella's effort, steeped in coca-cola is my favourite.

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/ham-in-coca-cola

How about you?

My wife does much the same but uses muscovado sugar not demerara and honey replaces the treacle and coke.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I tend to find gammon a bit too thick for my palate.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Always washed down with some Carling or Fosters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I tend to find gammon a bit too thick for my palate.

Took that many posts. Shocked.

200.gif

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I find it's a little bit emperor's new clothes cooking a great bit of meat in all these random liquids, but maybe I haven't had any really outstanding ones yet.

Gammon cooked right is amazing by itself, just need to keep it moist while crisping up the outside.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
I find it's a little bit emperor's new clothes cooking a great bit of meat in all these random liquids, but maybe I haven't had any really outstanding ones yet.

Gammon cooked right is amazing by itself, just need to keep it moist while crisping up the outside.

Exactly
Get a Toffee Apple if you want that sort of taste
Bacon and Cabbage Cork style for me

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I like a really pink gammon.

I've heard you can get green gammon but it tends to be a bit bitter and unpalatable. It also costs far too much.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I like a really pink gammon.

I've heard you can get green gammon but it tends to be a bit bitter and unpalatable. It also costs far too much.

I've never known green gammon to be more expensive as you cut out the smoking process which normally adds cost. But for that same reason, it is undoubtedly better for you :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here