Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Tenet- The Movie

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Seems to be the dogs testicles if the critics are right and worth its own thread
Most talked about film for a while apparently. Mind blowing some have called it

Christopher Nolan Director, previous for Dunkirk, Inception and Interstellar.

The trailer does my head in alone.

if you havnt seen it, possibly the greatest film of all time (one of Nolans)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm a big Nolan fan, and suspect I will love this film. However, the Tenet twitter feed itself is retweeting people talking about how it will be divisive and split opinion. I fully suspect there will be some bad reviews and lots of people criticising it, as well as people raving about it.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Interstellar is an outstanding film. One of my all time favourites. I'll look out for this new one

Interstellar is a masterpiece but had a lukewarm reception at the time I seem to remember. There will be bad reviews for this I'm sure as some people don't get or like Nolan. My wife is one. I can't watch Inception with her as I can't stand the 'is he still in a dream' question every five minutes.

Stumpy Tim

Interstellar is a masterpiece but had a lukewarm reception at the time I seem to remember. There will be bad reviews for this I'm sure as some people don't get or like Nolan. My wife is one. I can't watch Inception with her as I can't stand the 'is he still in a dream' question every five minutes.

My wife and I exactly the same. She loves Inception and I can't stand it. I love Interstellar, she can't stand it

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The film has of course thrust me into decision. I do lust for new releases and that normalcy of yore of lurking in an early day screening with coffee and Bounty in hand, and emerging with a likely roll of the eyes and sneer, but dare i disappear into an enclosed space like a cinema at this time. Is it worth it. For the film itself i doubt it, although it'll be a creature of spectacle, and a likely rewatch for those intrigued by Nolan's meddling with consistency formulae. It's wrong to expect directors to roam across genres, and i suppose the test for Nolan is to remain interested and interesting, which he seems to be able to, even if it won't be hugely to me. I watched Inception at the weekend, having not seen it since the cinema 10 years ago, and it was fine, alongside me not giving much of a sh*t.

I might go to see it though, if i find a screening with the fewest viewers and most space to hide behind my masks, which i can slide Bounty chunks through the side of.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Think I’m completely alone on here in thinking many of Nolan’s films, held up as being these amazing masterpieces, are really utter drivel and ‘Insomnia’ inducing, from Memento through The Prestige,Interstellar, Inception, Dunkirk. Really don’t get the hype at all, his overall body of work undeserving of the ‘God-like’ revere in which so many hold him imho, although at least several film critics seem to agree with me.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Nolan is so hit and miss for me. I loved Inception but I thought Interstellar was the biggest pile of crap. Memento is one of my all time favourite films, yet Dunkirk was like watching paint dry. The first two Batman films were excellent and then he goes and destroys it all with Tom Hardy as the mumbling Bane.
I've been looking forward to Tenet for a while now, it seems to have the same vibe as Inception which I'm hoping can only be a good thing.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Dunkirk and Inception were terrible films. Intersteller was slightly better.

I'll wait for a dodgy stream for the latest one I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here