Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many home grown youth players will be in this years squad?

larus

Sorry if this has been done before.

How many played will we have in the squad for this season do we think? I mean players who have come through the youth set-up and not just say one season in the U23s.

Dunk.
March.
Alzate.
Connolly.
White.

Walton?
Molumby?
Gyokeres?

It seems we’ll also have at least 2-3 more coming into serious contention over the next 2-3 years too.

Imagine if say Ben WHite has a great season and then goes for say £50m, Tony recoups all of the outlay for the training ground, plus probably the running costs of it for the last few years. I know he’s not doing this to make money, but it would be superb if he was able to get repaid some of his investment,

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Sorry if this has been done before.

How many played will we have in the squad for this season do we think? I mean players who have come through the youth set-up and not just say one season in the U23s.

Dunk.
March.
Alzate.
Connolly.
White.

Walton?
Molumby?
Gyokeres?

It seems we’ll also have at least 2-3 more coming into serious contention over the next 2-3 years too.

Imagine if say Ben WHite has a great season and then goes for say £50m, Tony recoups all of the outlay for the training ground, plus probably the running costs of it for the last few years. I know he’s not doing this to make money, but it would be superb if he was able to get repaid some of his investment,

I would imagine any profit from youth players would be ploughed back into the youth system or at least some of it?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A club that can develop their own players has always been the plan, the trick is to do so and become competitive with them or sell them to turn a profit all while we remain in the Premier League

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Alzate came from Leyton Orient and played for their first-team before coming here

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Even though he's just broken into the U23s it wouldn't surprise me to see Ryan Longman break into the first team set up for the League cup and definitely in to the EFL Trophy squad .

Very good prospect will be following his progress very closely this season.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Even though he's just broken into the U23s it wouldn't surprise me to see Ryan Longman break into the first team set up for the League cup and definitely in to the EFL Trophy squad .

Agreed, from my limited knowledge him, Cashman and Roberts are the ones too watch. (of the ones who are lesser know that is, Molumby is the real deal imo)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Good afternoon Mrs Longman , hope your well .

D

Deleted member 2719

I would love to see Walton between the sticks this season.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

13__intro.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How many depends on the kiddos themselves... sure Potter is willing to play youngsters but they still need to be good enough.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

He's not had a vintage season at Blackburn. Very up and down. For the first time, I wonder if he'll break through with us, or will end up getting sold on. Sanchez is also in the background, who seems to have had a reasonable season with Rochdale. Then you have Rushworth and Rocco Rees, both of whom are further back in the queue.

In terms of outfield players, could Teddy Jenks get closer to the first team this season? Particularly in cup games. I thought he looked really good against Villa last season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agreed, from my limited knowledge him, Cashman and Roberts are the ones too watch. (of the ones who are lesser know that is, Molumby is the real deal imo)

I will be disappointed if we don't see a few appearances from Molumby this season - after his performances at 'Wall he deserves at least to have Potter take a good hard look at him this pre-season.

D

Deleted member 2719

If Walton fills the goal that well, get him in now!

He's not had a vintage season at Blackburn. Very up and down. For the first time, I wonder if he'll break through with us, or will end up getting sold on. Sanchez is also in the background, who seems to have had a reasonable season with Rochdale. Then you have Rushworth and Rocco Rees, both of whom are further back in the queue.

In terms of outfield players, could Teddy Jenks get closer to the first team this season? Particularly in cup games. I thought he looked really good against Villa last season.

I must say from the games I have seen of Walton. I thought he was very capable, however, I have to say I don't know how consistent he is.
As for the youngster coming through, I have to be honest I could not give an opinion as I have not seen many of them.
I just hope we can keep producing dunk like players, who love the stripes and lead with their hearts. Dunky made me emotional early when I heard his interview about signing his contract on the radio.
What a lad, inspirational.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales

Well that's a fine start , new 2 year contract in the bag .

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Jenks is very interesting. He is clearly very highly rated both at club at international level. The other big thing is that for an 18 (?) year old he is a unit.
I reckon he could be one of the surprises.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here