Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Aaarg. Windows 10 help needed

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Booted my old Win 10 desktop as normal this morning, but can't log in. The keyboard and mouse are alive, and Windows recognises that a key-press has been made, but it's not showing on the screen, and the cursor doesn't advance. So, I can get the log-in box, but can't type anything in it! I can't boot to safe mode because it doesn't recognise the shift key. Is there another way to get in? :rant:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Do you have another keyboard you can try? Or plug it into another port. Keyboard driver might have gone funny.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Panic over! The Ctrl key was jammed in! So, I knew the keyboard was responding - Esc and Space etc were fine, but everything else was being modified. Phew!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Panic over! The Ctrl key was jammed in! So, I knew the keyboard was responding - Esc and Space etc were fine, but everything else was being modified. Phew!

My Ctrl key got stuck the other day. Given how rarely it is used, they seem to be sticking more than they should. Always a pain though as you get no input that you would from another stuck key.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
By a food crumb? That happened to me.

No, I don't eat at my desk. It was fine when I switched off last night, so I don't know how it got stuck in.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What sort of films were you watching on it last night?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here