Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] All EFL games being streamed from clubs websites

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As title says. Agreement reached with Sky Sports to allow all Championship, League One and Two clubs to stream every league game in the 20/21 season via their websites/whatever their clubs version of Seagulls TV is.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As things currently stand this must be a good thing, income from supporters who get to see their clubs play.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I wonder what the cost of that is? Say my dad who supports Shrewsbury wanted to watch. Is that down to individual clubs?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If it is the case that PL games are played behind closed doors and unavailable to watch for supporters of the clubs involved via legal methods, heads should roll. Big time. What is the actual point?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
The ready availability of streams for all top football leagues and most sports must be eating heavily into subscriptions for pay channels and club offered pay services.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Great news for the EFL and the right thing to do.

Sounds like it’s not going to happen with the PL - if the broadcasters are given anything other than the product they’ve agreed and paid for they’re threatening to demand another rebate (even they get more games as they think it “devalues” the product).

It’s mad that they couldn’t work out a deal for season ticket holders/members. Illegal streaming is going to have a whole new audience this year.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As title says. Agreement reached with Sky Sports to allow all Championship, League One and Two clubs to stream every league game in the 20/21 season via their websites/whatever their clubs version of Seagulls TV is.

Have long believed that this is the way of the future. COVID's only accelerated moves in that direction

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
If the stream was limited to season ticket holders to watch a stream from their own Premier League club, you would think the impact of lost revenue to Sky and BT would be minimal. Neither will it reduce ticket sales to lower leagues as tickets won’t be available anyway. It is difficult to see what the commercial objections are.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If it is the case that PL games are played behind closed doors and unavailable to watch for supporters of the clubs involved via legal methods, heads should roll. Big time. What is the actual point?

you mean spectator sports played without any specatators? is a bit senseless. they know how to do it, tech is ubiquitous, show all games online through small sub, until normal service resumes.

i can only think they fear it sets a new standard and fans wont go to games. i dont see any reason to fear, people pack out pubs, clubs, stadia for bands they have CD and online, go to cinema to see films they know will be on DVD within a few months. we like to be there.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It’s mad that they couldn’t work out a deal for season ticket holders/members. Illegal streaming is going to have a whole new audience this year.

True. The worry for the TV companies, especially with their current tough stance is that people who previously didn't watch a stream will be unwilling to go back to sky subs when normality resumes.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Looks like Crawley Town are hoping to get some fans into the ground for October.

Dear Supporter,

I am writing to you in regards to Government’s Stage 5 of Competitive Football which is returning to football with spectators.

There has been a lot going on behind the scenes at Crawley Town FC in line with the guidance which has been released by the Government and Sports Ground Safety Authority.

Our first priority with the forward planning of the 2020/21 season is the safety of all our fans and staff and we are having to put a number of measures in place to ensure this is achieved. In order to move around the stadium in a safe manner and for us to be able to get a reasonable number of supporters inside, we are requiring that all supporters wear a face covering whilst moving around the stadium. If you are in a position where you are exempt from wearing a face covering due to medical reasons, we are accepting the sunflower hidden disabilities lanyard scheme to indicate this. Alternatively, we are going to issue wristbands to those concerned if contact is made with the club.

If you have a season ticket within a seated area of the stadium, I would like you to please make contact with the club before the season starts with your preferred social bubble via email or in writing with some details of your social bubble of a maximum of 6 people. At current we can only guarantee to house social bubbles of season ticket holders.

In order to process this, I will need to know the following from one person within the proposed social bubble:
• Current seat details, including which stand and block for every person.
• The names and contact phone number and email address for every person.
• If there is another bubble of up to 6 that you would like to be located near.
• Any further information you feel may be relevant when considering the request.

This information needs to be emailed to tickets@crawleytownfc.com and the subject should contain “Seating Request”. This information must be sent in no later than 31st August 2020.

I please request that you double check with every person within your social bubble that they are happy to be a part of your bubble. This information will be processed on a first come, first served basis to ensure it is allocated in a fair manner.

In coming weeks the club will also be issuing a fans code of conduct, which will lay out some basic terms of what we expect from our fans to ensure everyone is kept safe.

I am hopeful that we will be able to welcome spectators back into The People’s Pension Stadium from 1st October and I thank all our loyal fans for your patience during these unprecedented times.
If you have any other concerns or queries regarding the safe return of fans to the People’s Pension Stadium then please do not hesitate to contact me. My email address is chris.hewlett@crawleytownfc.com

Kind Regards,
Chris Hewlett
Deputy Safety Officer

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Bet that will work well *remembers seagulls player....shudder*

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
True. The worry for the TV companies, especially with their current tough stance is that people who previously didn't watch a stream will be unwilling to go back to sky subs when normality resumes.

Completely understand and agree, but it seems naive at best to not be worried that those same customers will find an alternative, cheaper (and perhaps slightly less legal) route to get the matches they want and stick with that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Completely understand and agree, but it seems naive at best to not be worried that those same customers will find an alternative, cheaper (and perhaps slightly less legal) route to get the matches they want and stick with that.

Ah, my post is ambiguous. Your summation expressed what I meant!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here