Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] STA Travel cease trading

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Oh, sad :(

I always used them. Until Skyscanner turned up and you could save a tenner by booking through some random firm that I'd never heard of before or since.

Everything moves on, everything has its day on the sun. Used to enjoy going into a store to find out all the flight options direct from a sales person, wondering where we might be transiting this time, but those days are long gone.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Fond memories of STA booked round the world flight £850 in 1989. London-Toronto, LA- Honolulu- Fiji- Auckland- Sydney. Darwin-Denpassar. Jakarta-Singapore. Bangkok-Delhi-Cairo-Athens-London. 18 months happy days...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Which ever airline/agents survive this will be loving life.

Be able to charge what ever they like.

Like the arts/night life/self employed - zero help from the gov

Britain is open for business, but good luck getting here.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I still can't understand why people are still booking travel, given the risk of imminent lockdown and quarantines with no warning. Just wait till Spain has a spike and watch the exodus.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Was STA the one on Queens Road in the 1990s? I remember going in there and saying 'we'd like somewhere cheap but interesting for a month' - 'howabout Prague Sirs, it's £x flights, cheap food and beer - and easy to find places to stay in the country' - 'Okay, that sounds great, we'll book it........where's Prague then?'

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Was STA the one on Queens Road in the 1990s? I remember going in there and saying 'we'd like somewhere cheap but interesting for a month' - 'howabout Prague Sirs, it's £x flights, cheap food and beer - and easy to find places to stay in the country' - 'Okay, that sounds great, we'll book it........where's Prague then?'

I believe so, not far from the old Albion shop if I remember correctly

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Wasn't that AOSSA travel, on the right walking down from the station...

The Scandi girl was there for years,,,Very nice

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Which ever airline/agents survive this will be loving life.

Be able to charge what ever they like.

That's not exactly how supply and demand economics works - survivors can only charge what they like in an oligopoly / monopoly market and then only if demand remains so high that it outstrips supply.
Whilst this situation may arise, it doesn't prevent new cut-price entrepreneurs entering the market - are you old enough to remember Freddie Laker?
Market forces will eventually settle down and in will be business [and prices] as usual in a couple of years time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here