Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk's new contract

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Fantastic news that Dunky has signed an extended contract! but what does that mean for the club and the promises made to him.

I cant see Dunk on much less than 100k a week now? 10 years ago if we spent that on signing a player it was seen as a big transfer, absolutely insane. However do you think the club have given him assurances in futures signings and holding on to certain players?

UTA.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Fantastic news that Dunky has signed an extended contract! but what does that mean for the club and the promises made to him.

I cant see Dunk on much less than 100k a week now? 10 years ago if we spent that on signing a player it was seen as a big transfer, absolutely insane. However do you think the club have given him assurances in futures signings and holding on to certain players?

UTA.

I think that aside from the obvious personal benefits to Dunk himself, the club have played a blinder by a) keeping hold of an incredibly valuable asset to this squad and b) ensuring that if anyone DOES want to buy him, they'll have to pay through the nose. Great way to protect your assets and a strong statement from the player himself to not throw his toys out of the pram and demand a transfer to Chelsea or elsewhere (we assume).

I know football can be a fickle old business but, on the face of it, this announcement is a massive statement of intent. I genuinely hope he stays at the club for his whole career, assuming both club and player continue on their prospective upward trajectories :albion2:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Really thought he would leave this season.

Very happy that he isn't.
Whatever his new salary is, he's worth every penny.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
He's our best player - this deal will probably reflect that.

Deserved.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Fantastic news that Dunky has signed an extended contract! but what does that mean for the club and the promises made to him

By LD signing this deal, IMO it sends out the right signals to the other players that the Albion mean business and want to prosper in the PL.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Absolutely brilliant news

**** off Leeds
**** off Chelsea
**** off anyone who thinks they can outsmart Uncle Tony

Well played everyone :O

large_Bloom_Tony-2.JPG

Do ya feel lucky, punk ?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Many people were claiming we should have been looking for £40 to £50m if he had have left the club this summer, but IMO and in this Covid time where budgets are going to get squeezed, I never thought for one minute we'd get a sum like that. Maybe £30m tops (regardless of the fact that many fans think he's worth more).

In my view he is such a key to our survival hopes - yes we want to push on and try to move up the table - but first things first and as we've seen from the last 3 seasons a solid back line is vital to give us that base from which to build from. With Dunky now staying I reckon that could be worth £30 to £40m to us anyway if he helps us not only stay up but to prosper from last season's green shoots under Potter.

I'm really pleased that he's made this commitment and clearly wants to play regularly rather than have a year or two in the sun, quite possibly not playing all the time with a bigger club. Ultimately we'll never know how he would have fared but I for one am delighted with this news as it almost feels like a new signing. Now for a new striker and left back and a push towards mid table.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Absolutely brilliant news

**** off Leeds
**** off Chelsea
**** off anyone who thinks they can outsmart Uncle Tony

Well played everyone :O

Did Chelsea, or anyone else, put in an offer? I suspect this is more to do with Dunk's agent stating that if White is worth (say) £40k a week (matching Duffy), Dunk is worth £80k a week.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Could realistically see Dunk with us for his whole career. Which is fantastic, and such loyalty. 100% Mr Albion.

We should organise a flag/banner to have somewhere permanent in the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here