Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove City Council Vote of No Confidence Petition

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Best wishes to your boy.

No doubt you have not embellished that story in the slightest is there?

There's not much there to embellish.

As subsequently said she cut the corner he was waiting on to cross the road.
At no point did she see him.
He dived out of the way, but didn't have time to save the front of his bike, as well.

The mother was "still half asleep because my daughter was late for work and she was hungover". :shrug:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Cheers, after his paper round he headed off to be presented with the captain's armband, for the forthcoming season.
So she'd have needed to wheel spin across his knees for him to miss the proudest day in his life.

Woman has already paid for the damage she caused to his bike

He's getting a 3 figure Mavic front wheel on his Carrera mountain/hybrid 'work bike'!!! (Geek humour)

It seems all the years of riding with him barking words to the effect of:-

'concentrate these people can kill you and not even notice'

paid off as he bailed out before he followed his bike under her wheels.

Finally spoken to him (I'm at work)

He was waiting at a t junction to turn right into traffic, she cut the corner across the road, driving straight at him and didn't notice him.

He's 6'1.

Good for him, I would imagine it's one of your proudest days, too.

I'm glad that he has had a happy ending - have you taken it further with the woman? Were the police involved?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good for him, I would imagine it's one of your proudest days, too.

I'm glad that he has had a happy ending - have you taken it further with the woman? Were the police involved?

As said I'm at work so his mum his dealing with it.

I doubt we'll bother with the police, he's ok, she's admitted fault and is covering the costs so it seems a little churlish to make a bad situation worse.

It's just so frustrating all these people with a desperate need to be in their cars.
We've bottomed out at 1,700 road fatalities a year and that's deemed ok.

Some 6 year old lad in Manchester was killed, on his bike, a couple of weeks ago.
I have no idea about the specific details but its easy to assume the women driver is a fine upstanding person.
It's just unimaginable for everyone involved.

That could have been this woman this morning.

Our car dependency just has to be stopped and all this crying about it does my head in.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Remind me the lies the Greens produced about predicted footfall for the i360 ? Even then you posted on here that they were correct and anyone that dare question them was just being negative. Fast forward and oh .......

And we'll ignore the dirty deal between Kitcat and Theobald ( both scum ) - I know you don;t believe it but I've had it confirmed by three councilors of the time, Kitcat going on a taxpayers paid course to the USA ( that could have easily been attended here ) even after his resignation, his wife's put down of B&H residents ( she was probably too busy taking her clothes off to understand the people of the city ), Kitcat then cleared off to a well paid advisor role at Crunch ( I actually thought better of Darren Fell than to do employ a **** like Kitcat ). Oh let's throw in Seven Dials, Edward Street and Lewes Road debacles. Maybe we shouldn't also mention Halfords and pink bikes ? And then of course is the utter prick that is Ben Duncan - supported by every Green councillor despite him calling soldiers murderers - oh and him taking the piss out of the residents of Hangleton wanting the area being cleared of drug dealing and anti-social behaviour.

I could go on about how pathetic the Greens last were but they, and you, will show themselves up again.

You are deluded and blinded by your Green glasses.

A number of factual inaccuracies in there.

I'll pick on this one.

Ben Duncan was expelled from the party after the proper disciplinary process was instigated.

I'll evidence it for your memory: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-28230970

Over to you.

In fairness, your miss-information is not an isolated thing. One only has to look elsewhere online to see that opinions on the actions of local councillors and the way councils run are absurdly wide of the mark in what is a majority of cases. Shame really, given that these are the views of those who vote.

Last edited:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
So proud of my son, he lost his cherry this morning.

It's was the first time he got knocked off his bike by a car, while doing his paper round.

A special day.

Thankfully he's fine, just some deeper than normal scratches and bruises.

His bikes totalled as Mrs Gammon drove over it.

She stopped, then carried on.
Then got out of her car to see Jnr lying in the road.
'Oh I thought I hit something, was it you?'.
'Im so sorry, I'm still half asleep'.

She's paying for the damage and is worried Jnr is in shock because 'i really am shook up my this'.

Other car driver witness kept out of his car and apparently went nuts at Mrs Gammon.

Obviously thoughts and prayers and with the car and Mrs Gammon.

How dare he damage someone else's property! Naturally it is all his fault despite the innocent car driver admitting to being half asleep.

Thoughts and prayers indeed.

The day my Grandad died I made a Mrs. Gammon cry when she pulled out in front of me and nearly wiped me out. As a 16 year old I had a vast array of profanities to hand and used them all, multiple times.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm a car owner, although I use it little.

I have no problem with environmental initiatives. If it causes me driving issues, so be it.

I'm not going to be around as long as the next few generations are.

Cycling is good in many ways. Should be encouraged.

Black Hill

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
What happens if any of these councillors resign? No By-Elections will be allowed for the foreseeable surely?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What happens if any of these councillors resign? No By-Elections will be allowed for the foreseeable surely?

I'm sure a by-election would be fine given the numbers that actually vote. I suspect the number of stations would be reduced though.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
As said I'm at work so his mum his dealing with it.

I doubt we'll bother with the police, he's ok, she's admitted fault and is covering the costs so it seems a little churlish to make a bad situation worse.

It's just so frustrating all these people with a desperate need to be in their cars.
We've bottomed out at 1,700 road fatalities a year and that's deemed ok.

Some 6 year old lad in Manchester was killed, on his bike, a couple of weeks ago.
I have no idea about the specific details but its easy to assume the women driver is a fine upstanding person.
It's just unimaginable for everyone involved.

That could have been this woman this morning.

Our car dependency just has to be stopped and all this crying about it does my head in.

Absolutely this. I live in Ovingdean, and have a car, which I use for shopping. I am moving into central Brighton, and will be selling my car. It will be so liberating to be carless.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
i think that still grates with the OP

You're kidding?

In a world with so few laughs, if you can't laugh at that result...

I guess it goes some way to explain everything else.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
i think that still grates with the OP

I couldn’t give two shits about HB&B, I’ve never met him nor give a damn about his failed political career.

Now you know your off next week, any chance you could spend it with your family rather than laying in your scratcher on here all day??

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I couldn’t give two shits about HB&B, I’ve never met him nor give a damn about his failed political career.

Now you know your off next week, any chance you could spend it with your family rather than laying in your scratcher on here all day??

Beautiful

fishing.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely this. I live in Ovingdean, and have a car, which I use for shopping. I am moving into central Brighton, and will be selling my car. It will be so liberating to be carless.

Mid week I rather forced myself out and went the 6 miles along the coast to Worthing.
I rode, as usual, but this time without the kids.
Lil Miss Stat travels at the beat of her own drum, so I didn't really have a feel for how long it would take, solo.

25 minutes, door to door,
I was very much in 'sit up and beg' mode.
Worthing prom was pretty busy, traffic on that part of the coast road had as usual thinned out, so there was no 'gloating' to be had!
I was overtaken by a fair few electric bikes and a couple of lads on electric scooters.
Naturally I 'parked' free on the pedestrian precinct.
Broke up the 25 min return home by stopping at 'The Cake Cafe' in Ferring.
While there one woman when asked if she could be helped said, 'Oh no I'm just waiting for my sister, she's stuck in traffic'.

So it was quicker than driving.
Cost no money.
Parking was free and exactly where I wanted.
Older less fit (if that's possible) people were still quicker than me.
There was no visible signs of anger or frustration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here