Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Pakistan, 3rd test

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Toss coming up at 10.40am, slightly delayed due to a shower. Definitely looks a win the toss and bowl first day.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
England v Pakistan: 3rd Test

England win toss and BAT

Archer in for Curran.

Pakistan unchanged

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This has all the hallmarks of an England win the toss & bat then ending up 45/3 and scraping 200 odd.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
As Robinson isn't in the team I assume he can play tomorrow with no more tests?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
How Andrew Strauss ever motivated a cricket team I’m not sure I will ever know.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Burns hasn't got enough about him has he?

No, not long term. When I look at a line up I think about overseas tours.

This is the weakest batting line up I have seen for some time. Went to SA at the right time.

Pope, Root- fine.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Dreadful review from Sibley, trying to use his feet looked plumb even if he was a few steps down.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
No, not long term. When I look at a line up I think about overseas tours.

This is the weakest batting line up I have seen for some time. Went to SA at the right time.

Pope, Root- fine.
Really? Pope,Root and Stokes are fine. As for the top 3 they're weaker than some previous line up because Cook isn't there, but if you compare them to all the other openers and 3s they're the best we've had for ages. You'd prefer Roy, Denly, Hales?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dreadful review from Sibley, trying to use his feet looked plumb even if he was a few steps down.

If he's a long way down the crease, he's hoping the ball tracker is suggesting it will go over the stumps. But I agree with you, that situation - more often than not - results in "umpires call", which wouldn't have helped him. A bit pointless if he'd given it any thought.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Really? Pope,Root and Stokes are fine. As for the top 3 they're weaker than some previous line up because Cook isn't there, but if you compare them to all the other openers and 3s they're the best we've had for ages. You'd prefer Roy, Denly, Hales?

No, I'm saying if this is the best on offer then it's a concern. Stokes has had a good couple of years but I'd rather see him at 5 or 6.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If he's a long way down the crease, he's hoping the ball tracker is suggesting it will go over the stumps. But I agree with you, that situation - more often than not - results in "umpires call", which wouldn't have helped him. A bit pointless if he'd given it any thought.

Surely that’s an occasion where the off strike batsman should be saying that’s plumb mate, the ball isn’t spinning that much so I don’t really know why you’d even review it seeing where it’s hit him.

I’d be very concerned about opening the batting with Sibley and Burns on the sub continent in the winter IF it happens, could see teams opening with spin against them as they both get bogged down and attempt to do unnatural things. The ball isn’t even spinning today, Yasir is a very good bowler but I’m convinced England would find a way to struggle against my dodgy off spin.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
No, I'm saying if this is the best on offer then it's a concern. Stokes has had a good couple of years but I'd rather see him at 5 or 6.
Sadly I think it is. We don't seem to be developing players particularly well, just relying on the odd outstanding player

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here