Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Maguire

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Harry Maguire is facing charges by the Greece police with ‘aggravated assault’ after an alleged fight on holiday on the island of Mykonos. The 27-year-old Manchester United captain, who is on holiday with his family and several friends, is fully cooperating with the police, states his club. A police spokesman has now released a statement about the incident.

Petros Vassilakis told media outlets: “When the brawl was all sorted out, one of the two groups – with the football players – started verbally abusing officers. There were several policemen there. At some point, one of the three members of the group – they were aged 27, 28, and 29 – threw a swing at one of the policemen and a fight ensued.”

“All of the three were arrested but during the effort to do so, the other two, including the football player, got violent also. They threw down at least two policemen, hit them with their fists and kicked them. I can’t tell you what they were telling us. All English swear words against the authorities and against the work of the police.”

“All three, including the football player, are being held in custody, locked up in Mykonos cell. They will appear before a state prosecutor on the island of Syros later today to be charged with aggravated assault.” At this point it is unclear what the consequences are for Maguire and if he faces a fine or even a jail sentence.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Out of interest, what's your favourite?

Really hard to pick one - they are so different - and some of the 'larger ones' such as Rhodes and Crete both have parts that I really love and parts which are not so great.

We go to Crete once a year, but always to the South / South West - which is like going to another Country when compared to the touristic parts of the North Coast.

If I had to pick half a dozen smaller ones to go to I'd say:

Milos
Sifnos
Folegandros
Naxos
Serifos
Tinos

Ones I'd avoid - particularity in August would be:

Kos
Zante
Santorini (views are wonderful, but crowds are horrendous, although this year, without the cruise ships it's far quieter)
Mykonos
Corfu (although there are some lovely parts on the North/North-west.
Zante

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Harry Maguire is facing charges by the Greece police with ‘aggravated assault’ after an alleged fight on holiday on the island of Mykonos. The 27-year-old Manchester United captain, who is on holiday with his family and several friends, is fully cooperating with the police, states his club. A police spokesman has now released a statement about the incident.

Petros Vassilakis told media outlets: “When the brawl was all sorted out, one of the two groups – with the football players – started verbally abusing officers. There were several policemen there. At some point, one of the three members of the group – they were aged 27, 28, and 29 – threw a swing at one of the policemen and a fight ensued.”

“All of the three were arrested but during the effort to do so, the other two, including the football player, got violent also. They threw down at least two policemen, hit them with their fists and kicked them. I can’t tell you what they were telling us. All English swear words against the authorities and against the work of the police.”

“All three, including the football player, are being held in custody, locked up in Mykonos cell. They will appear before a state prosecutor on the island of Syros later today to be charged with aggravated assault.” At this point it is unclear what the consequences are for Maguire and if he faces a fine or even a jail sentence.
Beggars belief really. It's a running joke that there's only about 5 policeman on the island. You can go days without seeing one there. Ive been there about ten times in the last few years and I don't think I've ever seen a fight and that's when the clubs are properly open.

And like a lot of places with money swishing round it has a very seedy gangster underbelly it's not the type of place you would want to start a fight especially with strangers.

What a moron.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Really hard to pick one - they are so different - and some of the 'larger ones' such as Rhodes and Crete both have parts that I really love and parts which are not so great.

We go to Crete once a year, but always to the South / South West - which is like going to another Country when compared to the touristic parts of the North Coast.

Milos
Sifnos
Folegandros
Naxos
Serifos
Tinos

Kos
Zante
Santorini (views are wonderful, but crowds are horrendous, although this year, without the cruise ships it's far quieter)
Mykonos
Zante
So bad, you named zante twice! [emoji3]

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Manure’s arrogant “money buys you anything” lawyers will be working towards paying a large fine, with a faux heartfelt apology from Maguire and a large donation to a Mykonos charity (a donkey sanctuary called Mings).

Whereas if it were me or you it'd be three to five.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Milos
Sifnos
Folegandros
Naxos
Serifos
Tinos

Kos
Zante
Mykonos
Zante

Excellent - many thanks. I've only really discovered Greece in the last couple of years (and that's been via working for a refugee charity). Have encountered so many wonderful Greeks that I can't believe we didn't discovered it before!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Milos
Sifnos
Folegandros
Naxos
Serifos
Tinos

Kos
Zante
Mykonos
Zante

Have been to Corfu four times but only in the north.
Probably agree about Zante although the all inclusive outside of Laganas was fine.
Scala in Kefalonia was fantastic as was Pefkos on Rhodes.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

Milos
Sifnos
Folegandros
Naxos
Serifos
Tinos

Kos
Zante
Mykonos
Zante

i went to sifnos and naxos in 1986 - dread to think how they have probably changed.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Harry Maguire detained in Greece after alleged assault on police officer

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Not such an issue at the start of the break. Near to the end, well that's a whole different kettle of fish.

He only started his break a few days ago after United were knocked out of the CL.

According to the BBC:

The police say a file has been opened which includes accusations of "violence against officials, disobedience, bodily harm, insult and attempted bribery of an official".

It is not known specifically what Maguire has been accused of.

I like the addition of the attempted bribery of an official to the previous known alleged offences - really classy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here