Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Joe Biden

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sadly true. Have a feeling the idiot will win again. Frightening.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They have a rule that the minimum age to stand for election as President is ( I think ) 40.

Perhaps they need a similar maximum age rule.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Trojan horse for Kamala Harris as next President; a mixed-race person, who also has the audacity to be female, is probably a step too far right now.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I would have preferred Hilary Clinton but let’s face it even Joe is a far better prospect than Trump being re-elected .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It is an unbelievable cock-up by the democrats. What is wrong with American politics? They are giving that idiot another chance.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
They're taking the same risk they took last time - it doesn't matter how dull our candidate is, they can't lose to Trump. Second time lucky?

I assume the Dems plan would be for Biden to win, serve one term then step aside to allow Harris to lead their ticket in 2024.

I'd rather see Biden win than Trump, but it says very little for the whole American political system that that is the choice on offer.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
i recently read up on how the electoral college actually works as I'd always known it was a complex system but never took the time to understand it. Since reading up on it I have come to the conclusion that Trump will be president in 2021.

He will no doubt lose the populist vote again as the polls suggest but given they way the system works I imagine he will win the electoral vote again and that is all that really matters right now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why , Obama was liked & successful.

True. But the US, and the world, has changed a little in the 8 years since he last won an election. And whether I like it or not, a white male will be a safer bet against Trump....and this election is primarily about beating Trump.

larus

I’ve seen quite a few clips of him and there is something wrong with him - cognitively. He struggles to complete sentences and loses his thought process. Also, there are question marks of his treatment/behaviour to women in the past, same as Trump.

I’m no fan of Trump, but maybe we need to question why people voted for him in such large numbers and why his support is still at decent levels. IMO, the problem is with politics/politicians in general and the fact that they are so far removed from the public. Hence why someone like Trump can come in and get elected. It’s not because people like him, it’s because he’s not viewed as part of the establishment.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
True. But the US, and the world, has changed a little in the 8 years since he last won an election. And whether I like it or not, a white male will be a safer bet against Trump....and this election is primarily about beating Trump.

Voting has become a narcissistic means of democracy if this is a primary reason for the vote.
If only the Americans could choose what they're voting for.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I really do not understand the comments in this thread. Biden has served the American people for decades, he is well versed in how government should be run and was part of the administration which turned the country around after the financial crash of 2008 and built the prosperous economy Trump inherited and has flushed down the toilet. The choice is very clear and it should be easy for all Americans to realise the options on the table in this election.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is an unbelievable cock-up by the democrats. What is wrong with American politics? They are giving that idiot another chance.

This. Sadly. They may not share Corbyn's politics but the democrats seem to share Corbyn's competance, Corbyn's finger on the nation's pulse and Corbyn's instinctive connection with the electorate :facepalm:

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I would have preferred Hilary Clinton but let’s face it even Joe is a far better prospect than Trump being re-elected .

Electing COVID-19 would be a better option than electing Trump. At least it cuts out the middle man.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here