Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Montoya to Betis - deal complete

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Sky reporting Real Betis are in talks with Brighton over a potential deal.

I didn’t know he had a loan spell there as well in 2016.

Mutually beneficial for all parties if true and wish him luck for the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do we have a back up for Lamptey if he goes?

Dutch guy or Alzate? Like Montoya, he’s always solid, but happy for him to go now - think it’s time. Really pleasant guy when I met him briefly too.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Makes sense. That'll free up a decent chunk of wages. What kind of fee do we think? How long left on his contract?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I like Montoya, however with Lamptey and Veltman infront of him, not going to get too much game time and he is probably on far too much money not to make our matchday squad. Hopefully we can get some of our transfer fee back that we paid for him. No doubt all parties will be pleased.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Swap deal for Pedraza?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I like Montoya, however with Lamptey and Veltman infront of him, not going to get too much game time and he is probably on far too much money not to make our matchday squad. Hopefully we can get some of our transfer fee back that we paid for him. No doubt all parties will be pleased.

I agree, I like Montoya but he has a couple of players ahead of him now. I think Montoya gets a bit of a bad rep sometimes. Not everyone, but some are quick to say he's not that good but then praise other players who have worse stats. He'll never be first choice over Lamptey, but he's a decent enough squad player.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've got family who are Brighton season ticket holders and they reckon he's shitehouse.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Montoya is a decent back up to Lamptey but with his pedigree if he's on big money it makes sense to ship him out.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Dutch guy or Alzate? Like Montoya, he’s always solid, but happy for him to go now - think it’s time. Really pleasant guy when I met him briefly too.

Can we please forget the Alzate at right back idea even as I fill in occasionally. It's not natural for him and wastes the passing ability and composure that we've seen snippets of so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here