Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League Final Day Relegation Battles

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
This one surely has to be the best?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q5VS4iCEwQ

Hoping for another last day battle next season preferably with us not involved.. This seasons one was a bit boring because Watford basically started a couple down, villa and west ham were playing for a draw and only Bournemouth played like a team fighting for their life and the few seasons before the bottom 3 was decided before the final game.

Aside from a neck and neck title race it's the most important and exciting thing about the end of a season. Can anyone remember any other good final day relegation battles doesn't need to be prem?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I was at that game

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Nothing comes close to 1997, enough there to last a lifetime.

I can't imagine how insane that would have been to be present for. Year I was born so I don't have those memories, love watching the clips though.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The few years running up to it were a real roller coaster wiuth the actual football very much secondary. DOncaster at Home and Hereford away were something else. I don't think I'd feel the same and certainly no happier if we won the premier league.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I can't imagine how insane that would have been to be present for. Year I was born so I don't have those memories, love watching the clips though.

I was 12 and absolutely loved it!
That season and the one before were brilliant for kids, we used to go down by the corner flag between the West Stand and he North Stand, singing songs about building bonfires �� and trying to get a ball if it went out down that end!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Jimmy Glass - an emergency loan goalkeeper signed from Swindon Town - scoring the winner in the 7th minute of stoppage time for Carlisle to keep them in the league at the expense of Scarborough.

Drama.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here