Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - Staying Up Tracker - 2020/21 - Game 38 Update - 1 OVER

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So here we go again.

Quick reminder for those who didn't follow this tracker in the last few seasons.

The assumption is we need 40 points to stay up (we can argue that, and yes in the last three seasons we didn't quite need it but it has happened in the past and therefore I am sticking with it, hit 40 points and we are almost certainly staying up).

To get these the easiest way is beat the bottom ten teams at home and draw with them away (bottom ten defined as lowest seven not relegated last season plus three promoted, meaning all the way up to Burnley (as we don't play ourselves unfortunately), but not Sheff Utd or above.

So this is a non biased, completely objective view of the fixtures and how we are doing against them through the season. It pretty much worked the last few seasons although Sheffield United out performed expectations last year. They may drop lower this year, so they are possibly the only rogue ones that also look beatable. Oh and of course Arsenal :)

The first half of the season looks frankly horrible, with us "expected" to only get 16 of the 40 points in the first 19 games. Truly bed wetting stuff. But then a much easier second half of the season brings us home with a further 24 points.

So here it is for the coming season:

- First five games suggest just 3 points. A big early test that could see the bed wetness return.
- After our first win on October 24th by Christmas we have just 14 points from 14 games. Just out of the bottom three?
- By February 6th, game 23 we have just 20 points, people talking about Potter losing his magic, should he go etc....
- We then have a fantastic 17 points out of 11 games, smashing Palace, Villa, Newcastle, Everton and finally Leeds on 1st May (to relegate them?!)
- We edge to 40 with 3 points out of the last 4 games and yet again watch Man City lift the league trophy on our own patch.

I really hope we do better than above, but we should be aware that is a much more tricky first half than we had last season. Thank god, most of us might not see much of it :). Only joking, I'm actually gutted :(

I'll guess at 45-49 points this season by the way. Last season I was a little high.

Attachments

• NSC Fixtures 20-21 0.png
    NSC Fixtures 20-21 0.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,930
  • NSC Graph 20-21 0.png
    NSC Graph 20-21 0.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,949

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Loving the European addition, be mindful of the trap door but lets look up.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And for those interested in a European adventure...

Attachments

• NSC FIxtures 20-21 0 Europe.png
    NSC FIxtures 20-21 0 Europe.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,834

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Arriving in mid-January on 15 points and only three wins on the board will make for increasing the frequency of washing the bedding.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hopeful we can beat Palace and possibly Newcastle in that first set of 5 games.

Great thread, glad it's back again.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
'Never been in the bottom three in the Premier League' is looking precarious, given the start we have to the season. One good thing is that four teams will initially be playing catch up (although I'm sure this won't matter with Man U and Man C). But If we lose to Chelsea, it's difficult to see how we won't be in the drop zone after the first round of games, as even with four clubs yet to play, their GD would be level.

albionite

May 20, 2009
So here we go again.

Quick reminder for those who didn't follow this tracker in the last few seasons.

The assumption is we need 40 points to stay up (we can argue that, and yes in the last three seasons we didn't quite need it but it has happened in the past and therefore I am sticking with it, hit 40 points and we are almost certainly staying up).

To get these the easiest way is beat the bottom ten teams at home and draw with them away (bottom ten defined as lowest seven not relegated last season plus three promoted, meaning all the way up to Burnley (as we don't play ourselves unfortunately), but not Sheff Utd or above.

So this is a non biased, completely objective view of the fixtures and how we are doing against them through the season. It pretty much worked the last few seasons although Sheffield United out performed expectations last year. They may drop lower this year, so they are possibly the only rogue ones that also look beatable. Oh and of course Arsenal :)

The first half of the season looks frankly horrible, with us "expected" to only get 16 of the 40 points in the first 19 games. Truly bed wetting stuff. But then a much easier second half of the season brings us home with a further 24 points.

So here it is for the coming season:

- First five games suggest just 3 points. A big early test that could see the bed wetness return.
- After our first win on October 24th by Christmas we have just 14 points from 14 games. Just out of the bottom three?
- By February 6th, game 23 we have just 20 points, people talking about Potter losing his magic, should he go etc....
- We then have a fantastic 17 points out of 11 games, smashing Palace, Villa, Newcastle, Everton and finally Leeds on 1st May (to relegate them?!)
- We edge to 40 with 3 points out of the last 4 games and yet again watch Man City lift the league trophy on our own patch.

I really hope we do better than above, but we should be aware that is a much more tricky first half than we had last season. Thank god, most of us might not see much of it :). Only joking, I'm actually gutted :(

I'll guess at 45-49 points this season by the way. Last season I was a little high.

So you are saying we won't get one away win, only draws :shrug:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fewer sudden peaks this year, which is good as it means we have fewer runs where we suddenly have to pick up 10 points from four after three defeats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here