Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - Staying Up Tracker - 2020/21 - Game 38 Update - 1 OVER

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I hope all this Covid guff is sorted before we start playing in Europe next season. I can't afford to isolate every few weeks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I’ve got a sneaking suspicion we’ll pick up more than 2 points from the next 3 games also - and yes I’m aware of Palace and Everton’s early form.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So here we go again.

Quick reminder for those who didn't follow this tracker in the last few seasons.

The assumption is we need 40 points to stay up (we can argue that, and yes in the last three seasons we didn't quite need it but it has happened in the past and therefore I am sticking with it, hit 40 points and we are almost certainly staying up).

To get these the easiest way is beat the bottom ten teams at home and draw with them away (bottom ten defined as lowest seven not relegated last season plus three promoted, meaning all the way up to Burnley (as we don't play ourselves unfortunately), but not Sheff Utd or above.

So this is a non biased, completely objective view of the fixtures and how we are doing against them through the season. It pretty much worked the last few seasons although Sheffield United out performed expectations last year. They may drop lower this year, so they are possibly the only rogue ones that also look beatable. Oh and of course Arsenal :)

The first half of the season looks frankly horrible, with us "expected" to only get 16 of the 40 points in the first 19 games. Truly bed wetting stuff. But then a much easier second half of the season brings us home with a further 24 points.

So here it is for the coming season:

- First five games suggest just 3 points. A big early test that could see the bed wetness return.
- After our first win on October 24th by Christmas we have just 14 points from 14 games. Just out of the bottom three?
- By February 6th, game 23 we have just 20 points, people talking about Potter losing his magic, should he go etc....
- We then have a fantastic 17 points out of 11 games, smashing Palace, Villa, Newcastle, Everton and finally Leeds on 1st May (to relegate them?!)
- We edge to 40 with 3 points out of the last 4 games and yet again watch Man City lift the league trophy on our own patch.

So, for the Europe tracker are you suggesting a further 16 points?

Does your tracker for this require 4 points from each of the next 4 teams?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
where's the europa line?

make him do it, make him do it

It’s the orange line. Europe and relegation remain the same for the first few games and only diverge later as the assumption is that we draw away and beat home the next four harder teams.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It’s the orange line. Europe and relegation remain the same for the first few games and only diverge later as the assumption is that we draw away and beat home the next four harder teams.

oh, thank you el capo, i'm a wee bit overexcited :D

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Europa League? Where’s the top 4 line?

#brightonfansdeludedfun

Top 4? What’s the point of that, when we’re gonna win the league? :albion2:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Poo the bed! We are 2 points ahead already. How great were we today. Fabulous. Seeeeeeeeeaguuuuuuuulls.

Oh come on, how are people supposed to wet the bed if you're going to insist on providing factual, relevant and timely information. :whistle:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One victory dos not mean that we ha cracked it and are bound for glory.. remember we won well at Watford early last season?
Still , a great performance, let’s enjoy it!

But it's not about the win in isolation.

Last season was all about finding the corners and edges.
Post lockdown that was all put together, along with timber framed house.
It feels like yesterday the entire blue sky with whispy white cloud all slotted into place.
Were it not for cobbled street and the brick houses the jigsaw would be complete.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The more games we play the more stoooopid a 40 point tracker looks.

Yet we're 'only' +2 with a tough point to be gained next. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here