Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not to Sunderland please - they are a car crash

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Was chatting to a family member of his who said that. There's a lot of interest in him and lots of talk of clubs nationwide and from Europe scouting him. His contract is up next summer. Can see him thinking there are 6 other Brighton CBs before him and taking his chances elsewhere.

We need to be sorting that out. If he is sold this summer, this will be the reason

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was chatting to a family member of his who said that. There's a lot of interest in him and lots of talk of clubs nationwide and from Europe scouting him. His contract is up next summer. Can see him thinking there are 6 other Brighton CBs before him and taking his chances elsewhere.
Some of them won't be here in two or three years time.

It's easy to forget just how young Roberts is. Even so, probably ready for a loan now - Newport County perhaps?

Last edited:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Moves on?! Why on earth would we allow our best prospect in his age group move on when we're so steadfastly defending our interests with Ben White?! What a bonkers suggestion, unless I'm missing something?

For what it's worth - I would loan him to Sunderland. Big stadium, big club experience and the pressure will really help his development. I'm sure he's as good as we think he is, and it would benefit us more, longer term, that he players for a club with a stature similar to ours.

Good call........

TNBA

TTF

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

This was Haydon's dad's response (a few minutes ago) to a tweet by NSC about Albion developing Ben White:-

1234.jpg

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
This was Haydon's dad's response (a few minutes ago) to a tweet by NSC about Albion developing Ben White:-

View attachment 127741

We’ve developed White by allowing him to go on loan. These moves have been orchestrated to perfection by Albion.

Roberts Snr tends to speak quite a lot of nonsense. I hope Jnr takes what he says with a tablespoon of salt.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

View attachment 127741

This is not the first time.

Hayden’s dad really should learn his manners and not criticise or speak out against the club like this. Hayden is an employee and I’m sure paid pretty well. His dad is not doing him any favours here.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I really hope we don't move him on permanently yet, he looks incredibly promising.

And my 4 year old boy namesake would be very upset, he's desperate for him to make it in to the side! It's bad enough trying to explain the White shenanigans to my 6 year old Ben, these things are very serious to kids of that age!

I hope it works out better for him than it did for me, can't imagine there were many other people walking around with Matt Wicks on the back of their shirt. :lolol:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

View attachment 127741

He's probably right - and off the back of that White is getting a big bumper megabucks contract with Brighton, will become a premier league regular and the sky's the limit. If he stopped moaning about Brighton not giving his son opportunities and instead embraced the development path we're setting for him, his son might also become a multi-millionaire premier league footballer

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
We’ve developed White by allowing him to go on loan. These moves have been orchestrated to perfection by Albion.

Roberts Snr tends to speak quite a lot of nonsense. I hope Jnr takes what he says with a tablespoon of salt.

He has been with the Brighton coaching team since he was 16 - after being dropped by another PL club. He has clearly benefitted from our set up and coaching, and has been PAID for the entire time, whilst we took the risk on his development. JUST LIKE YOUR SON. I'm always astounded by some people's expectation that the world should revolve around them, and people should be thanking them for deigning to be at Brighton. You know what Mr Roberts? Just don't sign the bloody contracts - go to one of the other suitors if you think it's the best move for your son - as is your/his right. Signing a deal then banging on about it not being right makes you seem a total idiot.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
He has been with the Brighton coaching team since he was 16 - after being dropped by another PL club. He has clearly benefitted from our set up and coaching, and has been PAID for the entire time, whilst we took the risk on his development. JUST LIKE YOUR SON. I'm always astounded by some people's expectation that the world should revolve around them, and people should be thanking them for deigning to be at Brighton. You know what Mr Roberts? Just don't sign the bloody contracts - go to one of the other suitors if you think it's the best move for your son - as is your/his right. Signing a deal then banging on about it not being right makes you seem a total idiot.

This all day long.

It’s not the first time that his dad has piped up on twitter having a pop at the club is it.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Haydon's dad's tweet received a response from the dad of another former scholar at the club. Now there is a father who GENUINELY hates the club with a passion (based upon a twitter DM exchange I had with him a few years ago).

I'm not getting into details, and I'm not going to take sides as I have no way of knowing what goes on between a club and it's academy players/parents, but it does strike me that it must be pretty difficult for a club trying to manage the expectations of literally hundreds of parents of academy kids, probably all of whom think their little Johnny is the greatest thing since sliced bread and is destined to be the next wunderkind (if only the club fast-tracks them to stardom).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here