Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SIX times more people dying of flu and pneumonia than Covid

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think we all know what is going on don't we ?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
To scare everyone shitless, that people are so happy to get an App on their phone so they can feel safe....And the Government can track your every move and we are only too happy about it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
was looking at the ONS death by cause figures, for June Covid rate was about 3 times influenza. so as the Sun dont give a source, im calling bollocks.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
To scare everyone shitless, that people are so happy to get an App on their phone so they can feel safe....And the Government can track your every move and we are only too happy about it.

since that has failed to happen, didnt work out very well.

meanwhile millions volunteer to have facebook, tiktok, etc on their phone. :rolleyes:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

meanwhile millions volunteer to have facebook, tiktok, etc on their phone. :rolleyes:

A pub I was in last night in Rottingdean requested we put a tracing app on our phones as part of the welcome.

To be fair, that was the 1st time I've experienced being ordered to put a tracing app onto my phone, but I did wonder if this is what's to come?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Well yes quite !

I wasn't so much talking about the UKs track n trace, more the far east where they are using it...FxxK me this shambles of a government does not even know where Boris is hiding this week !

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
What is going on when covid is having so little real effect on society that flu (in summer) is way more dangerous yet we are still seeing so little movement toward further moving to normallity?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12431571/flu-pneumonia-coronavirus-deaths-lowest-lockdown/

Be careful with those stats. The reported numbers are for flu and pneumonia lumped together, but by far the most common cause of pneumonia is bacterial infection (see here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pneumonia/). I'd love to see the flu/pneumonia numbers separated (where pneumona caused by flu is listed as flu, and pneumonia from other causes as pneumonia).

Until that separation is provided, the comparison (especially the way the Sun have captioned the graph) is rather misleading and untrustworthy.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Be careful with those stats. The reported numbers are for flu and pneumonia lumped together, but by far the most common cause of pneumonia is bacterial infection (see here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pneumonia/). I'd love to see the flu/pneumonia numbers separated (where pneumona caused by flu is listed as flu, and pneumonia from other causes as pneumonia).

Until that separation is provided, the comparison (especially the way the Sun have captioned the graph) is rather misleading and untrustworthy.

Now who could have thought that The Sun could be untrustworthy ? I was rather hoping The Sun could fill the void left by the mixed messages and dither of this government and provide definitive Covid 19 guidance for the population on a daily basis.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Now who could have thought that The Sun could be untrustworthy ? I was rather hoping The Sun could fill the void left by the mixed messages and dither of this government and provide definitive Covid 19 guidance for the population on a daily basis.

The Sun is going through a spiritual awakening. Its realised its inner kingdom and is now fighting for our freedom.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
A pub I was in last night in Rottingdean requested we put a tracing app on our phones as part of the welcome.

To be fair, that was the 1st time I've experienced being ordered to put a tracing app onto my phone, but I did wonder if this is what's to come?

presumably you went elsewhere.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Tell you what. To reduce Flu infections why don't we bring in a national policy of staying a safe distance from each other and not gathering in large groups?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here