Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you opt out completely if you could?

Would you opt out of all reduced capacity/socially distanced fixtures if you could?

• Yes, I'd opt out

Votes: 99 48.1%
  • No, I wouldn't opt out

Votes: 107 51.9%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Given what we have found out over the last couple of days about plans to return to the Amex, would you opt out completely if you were permitted to?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
tenor (2).gif

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I've voted yes, because we have five tickets, and there is a very good chance that one of our party would not want or be able to go, and therefore the option to opt out completely for a season (whilst retaining their seat for future seasons) would be fairer for them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think it should be an option. From my experience folk can have quite different, but genuine, levels of acceptance and comfort with Covid. People shouldn’t be penalised if they’re not happy going anytime soon.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Maybe yes, but the club have got to balance finances with fairness to the fans.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Unless you are totally against going I dont see why you want a total opt out. You can opt out of 6 anyway and then sell rest on the exchage if you want

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I think allowing someone to opt out of the ballot for the entire season ahead of the season starting is a good idea, but can see why they wouldn't want people to opt in, then out and then in etc as that would be an administrative nightmare.

The issue is of course, that while it sounds simple to us, we aren't the ones having to program the IT to allow the club to do it. My impression from the zoom thing the other night was that this may be happening closer to the start of the season than many were expecting, considering they were wanting to test event it at the friendlies in a couple weeks. Given everything else the club are having to sort, it doesn't leave much time to sort it all out, and we all know with IT that even relatively simple "fixes" rarely are simple in the end

By allowing STH to opt out in advance, on the understanding that they couldn't opt back in , would allow others more chance to attend

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Yes

I am close to someone shielding.

Imagine living with someone shielding and accidentally giving them Covid because Barber wouldn't let you have a refund despite us (probably) blowing another 20m on a striker

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'd like my share of tickets to go to Bomber as he hasn't missed a game since Gillingham.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Unless you are totally against going I dont see why you want a total opt out. You can opt out of 6 anyway and then sell rest on the exchage if you want

You can TRY to sell the rest on the exchange if you want.

This was kinda behind me asking the question because we don't know how much demand there would be for the secondary market.

Also, assuming the ticket exchange works the same way as it always has, you lose money on every ticket you sell on the exchange.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And presumably the exchange will charge full match day prices rather than season ticket pro rata rates

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Personally will do my all to be at every game, but won’t judge the lesser fans who have even considered not going as an option...

More seriously, my Dad is 72 soon and he doesn’t want to risk going, so I think an opt out for those who aren’t comfortable should be done.

Gonna reiterate again, if you want to go to every game, I guarantee you will be able to - happy to prove it if anyone doubts this. A challenge would be accepted if anyone doesn’t believe me... But as always, the forum etc was full of people talking about if they get 1 in 4 games etc - just learn to use the exchange and have the patience to check back every half hour if you really want to go...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And presumably the exchange will charge full match day prices rather than season ticket pro rata rates

Nope - they said it will be pro rats so no different! Thankfully. AND SO THEY SHOULD!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think it should be an option. From my experience folk can have quite different, but genuine, levels of acceptance and comfort with Covid. People shouldn’t be penalised if they’re not happy going anytime soon.

Should definitely be an option. It would also automatically lower the number of people going in to the ballot, so those STH who really want to go stand a better chance without having to go through the torture of the ticket exchange.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
For medical reasons yes I would opt out. But I'm not on the extremely vulnerable list that the club are suggesting is required to allow me to do so.

As I said elsewhere I think this is shortsighted of the club if they have more wanting to go than seats available. Of course, if that weren't the case then I would happily take up my seat commitment, even if I didn't attend

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Think it should be an option from the club as there a lot of people that might not be vulnerable themselves but are in a bubble/household with those that are vulnerable. If the ballot system has the option of people being able to miss 6 ballots, with that being 2x matches in each price band, it will be able to handle people missing all the ballots.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here