Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Non-League Clubs Step 3 Down To Be Allowed To Bring Fans Back...

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Good stuff, and about time. Sick of watching a packed pub garden across the road and not being able to watch a game of football at step 3

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Excellent decision and should provide clubs at the lower levels with much needed income.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As someone that goes to non league when I can’t get to Albion matches this is great news.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Good stuff, and about time. Sick of watching a packed pub garden across the road and not being able to watch a game of football at step 3

Agreed, I'd add football where there is no boundary to the ground and local cricket matches to the argument, it made no sense. I'd add that county cricket should be open for 4 day matches as well - At the best of times, social distancing is solidly in practice there....

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
As someone that goes to non league when I can’t get to Albion matches this is great news.

Same here mate, various reasons why I can't get to many Albion games nowadays but my wife & I enjoy watching our local club home & away . decent standard of football,drinks on the terraces and we travel with the players and management together on coach to away games as a club . Love it ..

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
If 100% crowds are not allowed ( which they wont be) into pro grounds I wont bother getting a ST this year....Football is a small part of the day I like the meeting my mates in the pub, shouting moaning singing and the joy of the mass bundle when we score ( VAR permitting) this wont be the same in 3rd empty grounds muzzled like dogs.

So hopefully a ST for my local Isthmian league club, and I can go home and away and drink a pint watching...in fact that seems more appealing in many ways TBH!

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
great news

I have East Preston on my doorstep and I'll probably pop along to Worthing as well

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
As a non league season ticket holder I hope I don't get shafted by all you fair weather fans

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As a non league season ticket holder I hope I don't get shafted by all you fair weather fans

I am also. This may drive sales up. Places should be reserved.

I was thinking about this, but it's straight forward.

All supporters do a simple name and address registration with the club.
Assign a number.
Capacity agreed with ST holders places reserved.
First come first served. Supporters go in and give their number, show ID.
Once capacity reached (if it happens) doors closed.

Done.

As crude as it sounds, this could be one of the best things that has happened to the grass roots game if folk now decide to start watching.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
For some clubs it will be a massive boost. There's a few at that level with home attendance in the 50-60s. For my lot we've attendances of 550-650 and the rumoured maximum number in the restart was 450

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For some clubs it will be a massive boost. There's a few at that level with home attendance in the 50-60s. For my lot we've attendances of 550-650 and the rumoured maximum number in the restart was 450

Which club are you over there ? Boggers ?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

My club East Grinstead are lucky to get 100, so if they can double that it would really help them, me and two of my mates who go together to watch pro football are getting ST for the mighty Wasps. In fact over the last 3 or 4 seasons we have been going to watch them more and more, probably 20 times home and away last season / season before.

I hate to say this but its a lot more fun !

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If 100% crowds are not allowed ( which they wont be) into pro grounds I wont bother getting a ST this year....Football is a small part of the day I like the meeting my mates in the pub, shouting moaning singing and the joy of the mass bundle when we score ( VAR permitting) this wont be the same in 3rd empty grounds muzzled like dogs.

So hopefully a ST for my local Isthmian league club, and I can go home and away and drink a pint watching...in fact that seems more appealing in many ways TBH!

What's you area ? EDIT: Just seen it.

Saw Hawks play there in January. 1-1 draw. Well if you can't do it in East Grinstead on a wet Tuesday night...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here