Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris wood

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
BrillIant target man. One touch Potterball & pace, not so convinced. I think that Murray can cover most of what Wood offers for next season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Surely he'd cost way more than £15 million, at that price he's an absolute bargain. He's matured into a very good Premier League striker, with Murray at the end of his career he'd be a natural replacement. I actually thought he wasn't too bad when he was here on loan. How he fits into Potters system would be a little difficult to see, but I am sure the option of Wood would leave us guessing the starting line up even more incorrectly than we already do.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Apparently available for less than 15 mil I’d bite your hand off to get him back scored 40 goals in 3 seasons not bad at all

Where’s this info from? We need a source!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Nothing to do with what he's like now, but watch the video of Elliott Bennett's screamer at Walsall in 2011 - the goal that sealed us the Third Division title.

You can see Chris Wood turn away in disgust at Bennett doing that. Why? Because in the previous five minutes, he had wasted three excellent one-on-one chances - fluffed them all. The Bennett pops up with (mimics James Burke) ... that.

Quite amusing.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
He was a teenager.
It's easy to forget how young he was, partly due to the fact he was a unit even then. Looking back It's no surprise that a front three of Wood, Barnes and Murray tore it up in the third division. All good premier league strikers.

Just checked, he's still got 2yrs left on contract at Burnley. You'd think he'd be £25m+ these days.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's easy to forget how young he was, partly due to the fact he was a big old unit even then. Looking back It's no surprise that a front three of Wood, Barnes and Murray tore it up in the third division. All good premier league strikers.

By my reckoning, eight of the squad that year went on to play in the Premier League, and four had already done so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here