Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jamie O'Hara at the Amex 2013

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Playing for Wolves who had already been relegated, his performance that day made Ironside look mobile, does anyone remember his 'grandiose' gesture at the end of the game when he threw his legendary gold shirt into the away end only for it to be thrown straight back out again?

We had just qualified for a two legged play off semi against Palace.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That is not what happened. Roger Johnson threw the shirt. O’Hara gave them shit from the halfway line when they were singing ‘50 grand you’re having a laugh’ - O’Hara went straight down the tunnel - if he’d have gone anywhere near their fans there would have been a riot.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Early kick off, lovely sunny day, easy three points.....sums it up for me.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Playing for Wolves who had already been relegated, his performance that day made Ironside look mobile, does anyone remember his 'grandiose' gesture at the end of the game when he threw his legendary gold shirt into the away end only for it to be thrown straight back out again?

That's not my recollection.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex

Didn't happen. As stated O'Hara didn't offer his shirt, got nowhere near the Wolves end, disappeared straight down the tunnel.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Thanks, another urban myth put to bed, next up does anyone remember Justin Fashanu dating Bet Lynch?

Black Hill

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
Is this the new Scott Mcleish urban legend?
To be honest I always thought it was O’Hara. It wasn’t an early kick off I don’t think.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
That is not what happened. Roger Johnson threw the shirt. O’Hara gave them shit from the halfway line when they were singing ‘50 grand you’re having a laugh’ - O’Hara went straight down the tunnel - if he’d have gone anywhere near their fans there would have been a riot.

Yooooooouve leeeeeeet yooooooour faaaaaaaans
Daaaaaaaahhhhnnn

O’hara didn’t acknowledge their fans and stormed off as I remember as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is this the new Scott Mcleish urban legend?
To be honest I always thought it was O’Hara. It wasn’t an early kick off I don’t think.

I think it was - think. As it’s the only Albion game I’ve arrived to late and missed a goal (LuaLua)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This is the only time in 50 years of watching football, I have heard opposition fans(us) sing” You’re not fit to wear the shirt” at another teams player.
He was a complete dick that day.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
No no no, that was Bruce Wayne.

Your Black Grape gag will sadly go over most people’s heads...but not mine. Good one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here