Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Stoke City

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
My first big tip for the forthcoming season, been doing some excellent business so far.

Already signed up for next season, versatile full back Morgan Fox from Sheffield Wednesday, striker Steven Flether from Sheffield Wednesday, former Champions League winner Jon Obi Mikel from Galatasaray and strong as an ox defender James Chester from Aston Villa. Also on the verge of signing Tom Huddlestone and Angel Rangel. Added to the huge quality already in their ranks with the likes of Ryan Shawcross, Tom Ince, Bruno Martins Indi, James McLean, Nick Powell and Joe Allen.

12/1 looks an absolutely huge price in a wide open division where there appears to be no standout sides, given they finished the season like a train under Michael O'Neill and the swift turnaround and with a fast start they could runaway with it.

Heard it here first and you have not been charged for this information.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
My first big tip for the forthcoming season, been doing some excellent business so far.

Already signed up for next season, versatile full back Morgan Fox from Sheffield Wednesday, striker Steven Flether from Sheffield Wednesday, former Champions League winner Jon Obi Mikel from Galatasaray and strong as an ox defender James Chester from Aston Villa. Also on the verge of signing Tom Huddlestone and Angel Rangel. Added to the huge quality already in their ranks with the likes of Ryan Shawcross, Tom Ince, Bruno Martins Indi, James McLean, Nick Powell and Joe Allen.

12/1 looks an absolutely huge price in a wide open division where there appears to be no standout sides, given they finished the season like a train under Michael O'Neill and the swift turnaround and with a fast start they could runaway with it.

Are you tipping them for promotion or administration?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Should have a good chance. Championship next season feels like its going to be a very tight and open affair, think the relegated PL teams (perhaps with the exception of Watford) are going to be closer to the bottom than the top.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good players. Loads of experience. Going to need to balance it with some young legs

the squad age is worrying there. they could well burn out by the time it gets to the business end of the season.

Not necessarily... WBA got very few young (remotely talented) players. Considering Stoke got like 35 players in their squad I dont know if they are likely to burn out in any other way than financially.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It's like they have a copy of Football Manager 2014

I was thinking more like 2008 personally :lol:

That hot prospect Max Gradel will rock up next, that or a 38 year old Rod Thomas.

As others have alluded to, their wage bill must surely be, well, out of this universe ... not the best time for a shit or bust gamble.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Lovely stuff Crodo, an absolute who's who of players who attracted huge salaries on the promise of being quite good half a decade ago. 13th for them then.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shit hole

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Got a good mate who’s a Stoke fan and he is confident they’ll be going up this season. Think I might stick a few quid on!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No Marcus Bent?

If they are missing anything from their squad it is probably a Marcus Bent type, all power and pace, a real nightmare for defenders and gets plenty of goals and assists.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Derby County are my second tip for the Championship, I've gone large each way. A full season of Wazza magic, plus their hugely encouraging post lockdown from which saw them emerge as unlikely play-off contenders. Further to this they've been cleared of all wrongdoing with regards selling Pride Park in 2018 so expect Mel Morris to splash the cash. Possibly best forward line in the Championship already.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Derby County are my second tip for the Championship, I've gone large each way. A full season of Wazza magic, plus their hugely encouraging post lockdown from which saw them emerge as unlikely play-off contenders. Further to this they've been cleared of all wrongdoing with regards selling Pride Park in 2018 so expect Mel Morris to splash the cash. Possibly best forward line in the Championship already.
The first one was good. Doubling down, even better.

Chapeau sir!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here