Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Some Fishing (real) Advice Please

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I’m sick of fishing for carp. I want to fish somewhere close to where I live, Hayward’s Heath, where I am more likely to catch Roach, Rudd, Tench, Perch - anything but bloody carp! I’m happy to join a club/syndicate. Advice please, oh fishermen of NSC.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Cod knows! ???

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Hassocks AS might be worth a look as they’ve certainly got lakes that aren’t carp dominated and have better venues than Hayward’s Heath & District AS have IMHO.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m sick of fishing for carp. I want to fish somewhere close to where I live, Hayward’s Heath, where I am more likely to catch Roach, Rudd, Tench, Perch - anything but bloody carp! I’m happy to join a club/syndicate. Advice please, oh fishermen of NSC.

I’ve recently restarted after a long break.......currently a member of Haywards Heath AS and the Ouse Wanderers, but have previously been extensively involved with Hassocks AS too (I used to match fish for both HH and Hassocks). Not sure one is better than the other to be honest.......depends what you’re looking for. I’ll probably join both next season.

One of the reasons I stopped fishing several years ago was the ‘commercial carp fishery’ thing, does my head in. I’ve avoided these completely since restarting and have had some good (ie enjoyable, even if I didn’t catch a lot) sessions recently on local lakes and river stretches. Might not catch 100lb plus of fish, but give me a couple of nice chub, or a nice mixed net of silver fish from a river any day over that. I had an 8lb carp from a very lightly fished stretch of the Ouse near Haywards Heath last week........gave me a lot more pleasure than catching 15 of them from a man made pond.

Happy to have a chat if it helps....PM me. I can get you guest permits for both HH and the Wanderers waters if you want to try them out. Following furlough, HH have closed their membership book as it’s full.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This thread has been a turtle disaster

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I have never understood fishing inland. There are tasty things to catch in the sea.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Join Isfield AC and the different waters they have offer a variety of species , I still have 5 PBs from 35 years go on the Isfield waters which I'm unlikely to better in my lifetime , yup there's carp in nearly all of them but you pick a specie find the water that holds them and off you go .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here