Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Barcelona FC

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not convinced Bielsa is for them. I'd have thought they'd be looking for a more modern approach for their handsomely paid galacticos.

Not some old school taskmaster, even one who has performed something of a miracle in getting a side containing Liam Cooper, Stuart Dallas and Luke Ayling into the Premier League. Much as it would be funny, you don't appoint Bielsa for the long term, do you?

Looks like they are going for Koeman

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
According to the BBC's Gossip page:

-Messi is rumoured to be linking up with Pep Guardiola again at Man City
-Big money forwards Grizmann and Dembele both on their way out

https://www.bbc.com/sport/53799945

If the Messi rumour was true, it would make next season's Premier League so much more interesting, but I doubt it

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't think Leo has the balls to go to a different environment. Could he handle not being the king of the club?

Everton and West Ham comments at the ready for many of their other aging, fading stars

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Barcelona won't go for Bielsa because he's a never has been who failed in spain, with the Argentina national side and pretty much everywhere else despite playing a good brand in football and they will be looking for a manager with a long term ambition to turn them around. However, Leeds fans will tell you that he rejected Barcelona twice, rejected them again because Leeds is a far more exciting proposition and they'll believe that as well.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Barcelona won't go for Bielsa because he's a never has been who failed in spain, with the Argentina national side and pretty much everywhere else despite playing a good brand in football and they will be looking for a manager with a long term ambition to turn them around. However, Leeds fans will tell you that he rejected Barcelona twice, rejected them again because Leeds is a far more exciting proposition and they'll believe that as well.

But they do keep appointing nobody type managers. Can't remember the last appointment they made who looked to be any good. To me, it's not impossible

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The Barcelona members now got 20 000 signatures to the no-confidence motion to kick out president Bartomeu. This is what happens now:

1 - A committee must be formed to supervise the process, this committee will be formed by 2 members of the moció de censura, 2 members of FCB and 1 member of the Catalan Football federation.

2 – This committee will validate that the number of VALID signatures surpasses 16.520. Point 1 and 2 have to be done within 10 days from today, excluding weekends, so until 1st of October.

3 – If this committee considers that everything has been done correctly they will command the club to hold a referendum in no less 10 days or more than 20 days, excluding weekends. That means the limit date will be 29th of October.

4 – This referendum has to be voted physically, no online or mail voting, and all socis above 18 and with at least 1 year of antiquity can vote. There has to be at least 10% of turn out (easy because the signatures have been signed by at least 15% of the socis) and the result has to be 2/3 or more of voting socis in favor of the moció.

5 – If this happens the board will be out of power with immediate effect. A temporary management board will replace them (they cannot take any important decisions) to manage the club and new elections will take place maximum in January, but it could be earlier.

Who outside of Barcelona gives a shit? Well personally I find the politics of this club quite interesting.

So why doesnt Bartomeu just resign now when he is obviously going to get kicked out?

Apparently there is some nice but also entirely ****ed up rule in the club that if you resign as president, you and the board members will be personally held liable to pay up the debts of the club accumulated during the presidency. This shit fascinates me as it at least to a degree prevents the dirty, shady asset stripping going on in i.e. a lot of English clubs. However, since this rule does not apply if he gets voted out of the role, its something of a paper tiger... but still.

Going to be interesting to see what the owners (aka the members) go for as replacement. There's usually two choices, one of them being "Barcelona is first and foremost a political institution" candidate and the other one being "Barcelona is primarly business", but this time the business option is impossible and it will be more a question of "Go FC Barcelona!" vs "Go Catalonia!".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here