Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
16 - 16 and we're in a deciding frame

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I used to love snooker but don't really have the time to watch it anymore. Happened to flick over for the last 5 frames tonight, incredible stuff from Ronnie.

Looked like he couldn't be bothered then pulls out some incredible shots out of nowhere!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I used to love snooker but don't really have the time to watch it anymore. Happened to flick over for the last 5 frames tonight, incredible stuff from Ronnie.

Looked like he couldn't be bothered then pulls out some incredible shots out of nowhere!

Exactly. frame 30 was amateur night, and then a God arrived.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Without hesitation. The best day of snooker action in the history of the game.

Incredible sport.

Selby pretty sour about it! Ronnie a little obsessed with Joe Davis' book

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Feel a little bit of an OTT interview with Selby. He'd gone back to the table on at least 1 occasion needing 4 snookers in a frame, just to get his opponent in a drawn out frame. Don't think he can start complaining that his opponent starts smashing snooker escape attempts as 'disrespectful' to the game if your game plan has been to wear your opponent down in tactical play throughout the match.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Feel a little bit of an OTT interview with Selby. He'd gone back to the table on at least 1 occasion needing 4 snookers in a frame, just to get his opponent in a drawn out frame. Don't think he can start complaining that his opponent starts smashing snooker escape attempts as 'disrespectful' to the game if your game plan has been to wear your opponent down in tactical play throughout the match.

Ronnie tried to explain his thinking just now on Eurosport. He doesn't like the 'miss' rule, so he decided to just slam it.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Without hesitation. The best day of snooker action in the history of the game.

Incredible sport.

Selby pretty sour about it! Ronnie a little obsessed with Joe Davis' book

Do you think he's on some kind of bet of how many times he can say 'cue action' this week!? :lolol:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ronnie tried to explain his thinking just now on Eurosport. He doesn't like the 'miss' rule, so he decided to just slam it.

Damn, didn't see it as was on BBC. If your opponent is reduced to slamming snooker escapes, that you're surely on top!?

I'll be honest, I've never really liked Selby, I don't really know why, I'm just so glad he didn't make another final, I'd have been put right off watching over the w/e.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Damn, didn't see it as was on BBC. If your opponent is reduced to slamming snooker escapes, that you're surely on top!?

I'll be honest, I've never really liked Selby, I don't really know why, I'm just so glad he didn't make another final, I'd have been put right off watching over the w/e.

I have to admit, I've not watched snooker much since the 90s, but today was amazing.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If he wants to do crazy hit and hope shots getting out of snookers, that's to Selby's advantage, not sure what he's complaining about.
Amazing how someone who looked down and out could come out and play the last 3 frames as he did. O'sullivan a genius and a bit nuts as well. Great viewing.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Don't really get Selby's point about being disrespectful, but I'm not a snooker aficionado, so not sure if he has a point or not, but as [MENTION=27030]dangull[/MENTION] says the supposed hit and hope must play into Selby's hands?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The last 3 frames were the best I've seen in watching snooker for 40 years. Amazing stuff!!

They weren’t even the best today !

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If he wants to do crazy hit and hope shots getting out of snookers, that's to Selby's advantage, not sure what he's complaining about.
Amazing how someone who looked down and out could come out and play the last 3 frames as he did. O'sullivan a genius and a bit nuts as well. Great viewing.

I agree. If it's your shot - you can do whatever you bloody well like. Moaning Selby. Sore loser.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

Very odd. I don’t think I’ve watched a snooker match in 20 years. I was idly channel hopping and stumbled across the match with three frames to go and stayed with it for some reason.

Thoroughly enjoyed what I saw. Proper sporting tension. I was really unimpressed with Selby’s remarks for the reason you gave. If your opponent is “lashing out” then surely you’re on top and should capitalise accordingly? The comments sounded like nothing more than sour grapes.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I have to say, I think this has been a very poor World Championship. I've been watching it obsessively all week and I am really surprised by the relatively poor standard throughout. Missed pots all over the place, poor positional play all tournament really from Kyren Wilson but not punished and able to make the final. Ronnie has been half the player he usually is, but he's somehow made the final and is now dominating.

Maybe it's just me - but this hasn't felt like a World Championship. It's felt more like a UK Open, maybe that's to do with the lack of atmosphere in the Crucible affecting the standard of play, but it just doesn't feel like either of these men deserve a World title after this tournament.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here