Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Snooker

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Would help if you explained!

16-16, so winner of this one into the final. Nip and tuck all the way until a snooker. McGill takes EIGHT shots and keeps missing, meaning the fouls left him needing a snooker. Very next shot, Wilson plays an innocuous safety (bearing in mind he's 39 ahead with 35 on the table) and the cue ball cannons off the yellow into the pocket. HE then fouls two or three times. Then the key red is on the opposite lip of the pocket, won't cut, so the players take turns attempting to clip it in off the top cushion. After 5 attempts, it sinks leaving a lovely looking set of balls to win the frame. Two shots in, McGill snookers himself during what should be a regular clean up. They are still at it...

I don't think I can do the drama full justice tbh.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I thought Kyren Wilson was going to lose it completely after he fluked that green. He took it way worse than McGill. Switched it on when they were dicking around with that last red

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
That was Up there with the most captivating sport I have EVER seen.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
That was Up there with the most captivating sport I have EVER seen.

Captivating is just the right word

Incredible human drama. Watching two men trying, and ultimately failing to hold themselves together under intense pressure was jaw dropping.

In the cold light of day it was second to Taylor v Davis .. but only just ... and streets ahead of the next best drama which snooker has ever offered.

I need a beer

Time to lump on Selby ... or Ronnie (but probably Selby). Wilson has nothing left

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Captivating is just the right word

Incredible human drama. Watching two men trying, and ultimately failing to hold themselves together under intense pressure was jaw dropping.

In the cold light of day it was second to Taylor v Davis .. but only just ... and streets ahead of the next best drama which snooker has ever offered.

I need a beer

Time to lump on Selby ... or Ronnie (but probably Selby). Wilson has nothing left

This could be good too. Selby was poor first session but hung in there. Ronnie was poor this morning but hung in there.
I am a big Ronnie fan, but I think Selby will grind this out.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
16-16, so winner of this one into the final. Nip and tuck all the way until a snooker. McGill takes EIGHT shots and keeps missing, meaning the fouls left him needing a snooker. Very next shot, Wilson plays an innocuous safety (bearing in mind he's 39 ahead with 35 on the table) and the cue ball cannons off the yellow into the pocket. HE then fouls two or three times. Then the key red is on the opposite lip of the pocket, won't cut, so the players take turns attempting to clip it in off the top cushion. After 5 attempts, it sinks leaving a lovely looking set of balls to win the frame. Two shots in, McGill snookers himself during what should be a regular clean up. They are still at it...

I don't think I can do the drama full justice tbh.

I read that without punctuation and I only caught the 2nd half of it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Flicked over when the cricket was called off just as it was getting really tasty. Who knew such an empty auditorium could be so tense?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Accidentally turned it on. Watching Ronnie playing snooker Jekyll and Hyde style

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Snooker......bloody ell

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I forgot how 'box office' Ronnie was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here