Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
leeds.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In many cases, original club badges were - for the most part - the town or city crest. (e.g. QPR's shirt of the 1950s had the Borough of Hammersmith as a badge). Or at the very least, the crest made up a large part of that badge.

Then many clubs wore no badge, and just relied on their colours. In the early 1970s, many clubs took on the monogram (in our case, 'B H A F C') at an upwards angle.

Then, in the mid-1970s, graphic artists were asked to design something that the clubs could copyright. This was around the same time as replica shirts started to be mass sold as a commercial commodity. Leeds United, with their hippy 'smiley face' badge may well have been one of the first. There were exceptions. Crystal Palace used a 2D 'Exhibition Hall' logo on their shirts as early as 1955.

Brighton's one came in in 1977, and we haven't looked back since, even if the seagull itself has.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Well I liked it Richard, can you do it with the blue Sussex badge and eligible wording....pretty please :D:thumbsup::kiss::afro:

Because you asked nicely. Manure would sue the bejeezus out of us. And I still think it looks horrible, no offence.

new badge official.png

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I agree also, new font and blue badge. Job done.

The martlets are a must for a side who's anthem is Sussex by the sea.

Barber needs to get inside a Sussex persons head.

The Albion's graphic design discipline is, nearly always, superb - better than almost any other Premier League club - and the DIN typeface is elegant and restrained. (DIN stands for Deutsches Institut fur Normung by the way - can't imagine why you don't like it.)

D

Deleted member 2719

The Albion's graphic design discipline is, nearly always, superb - better than almost any other Premier League club - and the DIN typeface is elegant and restrained. (DIN stands for Deutsches Institut fur Normung by the way - can't imagine why you don't like it.)

It's not that I don't like it.

I just think it's plain, I am not saying we need 6 different colours, I just believe like others have said it says nothing about our county.
Surely the martlets could be added in style and simplicity.
It needs to be done right and we would need to get feedback from the fans, I would like to see Barber give fans an opportunity to put designs forward.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Because you asked nicely. Manure would sue the bejeezus out of us. And I still think it looks horrible, no offence.

View attachment 127172
Thanks for that. I think it looks good but I like our present badge a lot. It is quite classy and not fussy. The one you created, with my design input, :lolol: is more informative. It tells the observer we are a football team from Sussex and are nicknamed Seagulls.
United couldn't sue over that surely? Maybe it should be put in a simple circle, like the present badge to avoid copyright issues.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's not that I don't like it.

I just think it's plain, I am not saying we need 6 different colours, I just believe like others have said it says nothing about our county.
Surely the martlets could be added in style and simplicity.
It needs to be done right and we would need to get feedback from the fans, I would like to see Barber give fans an opportunity to put designs forward.

Could you ask him to make a special one to go on the free shirts for 7 year olds?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
martlets.png

Last edited:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Found this. It’s not like we haven’t had red in our badge before.
E6095D05-E418-4EBE-BAAB-3031527AA4A7.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here