Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club badge

Aug 13, 2020
Naples
Too many fence-sitters on here, that don't like change.

I would be open to it next season but not this forth coming one.

Have you got any ideas?

I'm no good with photoshop etc so couldn't put anything together. Just wondered what it would be like and if it would go as far as a possible change. Never will though as if the club read articles on here who knows where we would be!! Haha.

I just quite like the thought of a Juventus style really. BHA all sort of disjointed etc

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I would like to see the seagull at the top of a Crest, like Man U, City, with the Sussex flag underneath, where the devil is on the Man U badge. I even think the footballs either side would work. Anyone capable on a computer to knock this up?

new badge official.png

I went with something like the Arsenal font. I think you're right. It's beautiful!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Does anyone know what "Teams like Brighton" is in Latin?

My O level is too ancient to be any use these days.

I teach this for a living, and it's a nice problem....

Process complicated by the fact that there's no actual Roman-era Latin word for "Brighton", as there was no conurbation there in Roman times, although the Sussex coast was dotted with villas... a good-sized one in Hove was excavated in the 1930's. Lack of a good harbour, perhaps. Chichester was the seat of the local bigwigs.... and Crawley was something of an iron center.

'team' is -- take your pick;

manus, manūs
, f. lit a hand; squad, band (in 'band of soldiers') sense
grex, gregis, c. a flock, but also a troupe of actors, crew of a ship, society, a 'posse' in the modern sense
turma, turmae, f. a troop of cavalry, originallly 30-32 men, but used in a transferred sense.

Much to think about here....

Perhaps Glen Murray has advanced enough in his studies to help. (Warning, link to The Sun.)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006

01F47648-E7F3-4923-A766-567227454EEC.jpeg

How about a seagull with more attitude?

Our current seagull sends out the wrong signal. It appears to be happy with the status quo, gliding along in its comfort zone, happy to just avoid relegation lol.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

View attachment 127146

How about a seagull with more attitude?

Our current seagull sends out the wrong signal. It appears to be happy with the status quo, gliding along in its comfort zone, happy to just avoid relegation lol.

Musst be aloft.

It can't sh•t on the heads of those below otherwise.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Musst be aloft.

It can't sh•t on the heads of those below otherwise.

The ‘aggressive seagull’ image would have ‘We won’t be druv’ icorporated into the logo, giving the club a new positivity and focus.

I have carried out extensive computer modelling that suggests the new logo would lead to the club winning at least 7 more points per season by inspiring the players to be more aggressive on the pitch. We would win 2.45% more tackles per game and have 1.45% more shots per game. One downside is that we would have 3 more sendings off per season, but this would be more than offset by the extra points.

Sales in the club shop from the rebranding would lead to increased sales of £6.35 million in the first season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I wish the club would revert to using just the seagull from the badge on casual clothing. The full badge is a bit clunky for that, prefer something more subtle.

I do agree with you. I love the seagull, but the blue circle that it's placed on? not so much.

One problem that l can foresee with your idea, is that the seagull could get lost or become less obvious against then applied to a striped shirt.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
The current badge has very clear branding but I’d like a 1901 in there to refer to the club’s long history.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I like the grey seagull on dark back background version of our current badge. Good to see the club shop using this more on new items. I'll be in for the beanie hat.

D

Deleted member 2719

Actually I agree....also the wrighting could be clearer but it could be a lovely badge IMHO.

I agree also, new font and blue badge. Job done.

The martlets are a must for a side who's anthem is Sussex by the sea.

Barber needs to get inside a Sussex persons head.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Half a dozen ideas for a new badge were seriously considered during Withdean's dying days. There were some pretty startling suggestions, including at least one with the seagull staring straight at camera. The decision to go with the current design, classic and simple, was taken at the highest level and in my view was absolutely the correct one. One tiny issue is the fact that the seagull is flying in the opposite direction to that on the pre-1997 original; counter, some say, to the rules of heraldry. That doesn't matter. It's a great brand image, and makes Man U's among others look a bit tinpot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here